Euro Scoccer

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Euro Scoccer

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:17 am
The NHL does it. Are the hockey players not exhausted?
No, they are not. NHL players, as well as NBA players substitute in and out during a game. Most hockey players play less than 20 minutes of ice time while having long intermissions between periods.
Soccer players don't have substitutions and there are far fewer timeouts. I'm pretty sure if a player leaves the field and is replaced, he can't go back in.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:13 am
Carcounter wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:17 am
The NHL does it. Are the hockey players not exhausted?
No, they are not. NHL players, as well as NBA players substitute in and out during a game. Most hockey players play less than 20 minutes of ice time while having long intermissions between periods.
Soccer players don't have substitutions and there are far fewer timeouts. I'm pretty sure if a player leaves the field and is replaced, he can't go back in.
Well as Warner Wolf would say "Change the rule" A lot of excuses for a really dumb way to determine the outcome of something the world thinks is so important. That's why it is not important to so many.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

It's only the most popular sport in the world and the most watched.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I really hate to say this, but it is true for me. I would rather watch bowling, Bocce, or Curling. Especially Curling.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Acquired taste. Dump the tea and bring on the vino. Pasta la vista, Britees!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 am
I really hate to say this, but it is true for me. I would rather watch bowling, Bocce, or Curling. Especially Curling.
Always liked to watch bowling on abc wide world of sports !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Another old time show was bowling for dollars

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

As long as we are still on the general subject, I have tried and tried again to like soccer even though my brother-in-law from Peru is a fanatic. Even after more than a couple of beers I absolutely cannot get into it. I have also dumped NBA which I used to enjoy and most of the NFL games except maybe a couple of playoffs and the Super Bowl. At the risk of being politically incorrect, Player antics and behavior on and off the court turned me off to both of those games. Still enjoy baseball and WNBA. And growing up I was really into the old time wrestling with the likes of Antonino Rocca, gorilla monsoon, wild red berry, the graham brothers, and even haystacks Calhoun. Was anyone around here still old enough to have watched wild red berry And Antonino Rocca? Just curious or am I it for such old time shows. Just wondering if Siri will ever learn proper punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and sentence structure. It can’t possibly be that difficult in this high-tech day and age.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

How about Argintino appolo , Tarzan tyler , cowboy bill watts , to name a few ??

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ah yes!