The Trump Virus

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

The Trump Virus

Post by billryan »

Perhaps it is time to call a spade a spade.
As covid is re-emerging, it is producing some amazing statistics.

As of three days ago, 97% of people hospitalized with covid were unvaccinated.

The percent of vaccinated people in states Biden won is 55%
The percent of vaccinated people in states trump won is 42%

Of the 25 states Biden won, three are below the national average for vaccinations.
The 25 trump states are the exact opposite.

Of the ten states with the highest percentage of hospitalizations, only Nevada supported Biden
Of the ten states with the lowest percentage of hospitalizations, only South Dakota supported trump

The 25 states Biden won have an average hospital rate of 6 per 100,000 residents.
The 25 states trump won have an average of 11.2 per, with Florida having a 31/100,000 rate.

68% percent of white trump supporters say they will never be vaccinated.
30% of minority Biden voters say they will never be vaccinated.

Forget calling this the Delta variant. Call it what it is, the trump variant.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I find it hard to blame Trump personally at this point. There are plenty of other GOP reps in office who are more responsible, but it is primarily conservative media celebrities that are fanning the flames of ignorance.

It's probably true that they would not be doing so if we hadn't entered the bizarre world of Trumpism. However it has metastasized into something bigger than the man himself.

By now, each person spreading or heeding the misinformation has themself to blame.

In summary: This is not the Trump variant. It is the moron variant.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

NFL has the winning solution. Unfortunately, this is a unique employer.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I agree with Eduardo, this is the moron variant. I am totally SHOCKED that President Biden, with all of his years of political experience, working across isles in the Senate building relationships with members of the opposite party, knowing HOW to get things done: hasn't been able to sway the unvaccinated into the vaccinated camp. I understand that he has been busy, signing all of those Executive Orders and such, with keeping a tight lip on just what was said between he and Putin said to each other, but come on Joe, light a fire under those morons!!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter?" You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know...morons.

Jim, The Waco Kid, rides again.....

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Anyone expecting Joe Biden to be competent enough to sway anyone to do anything is giving him far too much credit.

In this case, nobody should need the help of any President to know what's best for their health. Instead of listening to these crazy celebrity news stars, do what any smart person would do when it comes to their health. Just ask your doctor.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Today Biden basically called all the unvaccinated stupid. That is a smart way to persuade them to get the shot.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Let's stop with the politicization. One of my dad's favorite aphorisms was "There are lies, damnable lies, and statistics." Regardless of whether a state voted for Biden or Trump, the least vaccinated groups nationwide are African American and Latino, groups that strongly supported Biden. Many "Trump" states have large minority populations. Then again, most vocal opponents of being vaccinated are conservatives. My point being, let's educate and convince the unvaccinated to get the jab. Be careful who you label "morons." They are basically uninformed with a variety of reasons they are hesitant to be vaccinated. Here is an article you may find of interest. https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Point taken. I also was trying to de-politicize, but should NOT have gone down the path of calling people morons. In truth, I know of people refusing vaccination who are certainly not idiots. Though I would tell them to their face they are "being an idiot" over this particular decision. But I should know better when talking more generally.

Thanks for the correction.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I didn't call anyone a moron. I showed facts that seem to indicate that many of the people who think the election was stolen are the ones not getting vaccinated. We have a shop owner in Bisbee who doesn't want vaccinated people in her shop. She claims the people are shedding harmful particles that spoil her goods.
As far as blaming minorities, look at the numbers. Four percent of Arizona is black. If everyone of them were vaccinated, it would barely move the meter.