The Trump Virus

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Re: The Trump Virus

Post by seemoreroyals »

Eduardo wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:14 am
Point taken. I also was trying to de-politicize, but should NOT have gone down the path of calling people morons. In truth, I know of people refusing vaccination who are certainly not idiots. Though I would tell them to their face they are "being an idiot" over this particular decision. But I should know better when talking more generally.

Thanks for the correction.
Maybe Geraldo Rivera has it right: "If you are unvaccinated you are a arrogant, selfish SOB."

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

It seems some people are trying to tie the unvaccinated only to Trump supporters. Here in New Jersey, a blue state, the highest unvaccinated rates are in minority communities such as East Orange, Orange, Irvington etc. Everyone knows this. We have one of the highest vaccination rates in the country, but it's mostly suburbanites, not city dwellers that are vaccinated. Remember Kamala Harris saying she wouldn't get vaccinated because she didn't trust it? Andrew Cuomo and Biden too.

DrKen
Forum Regular

Post by DrKen »

The vaccination argument is not new. Has been here all 40 years I have been in practice. I do feel it has grown but the roots existed. Remember the Japanese researcher to linked autism to a preservative in vaccines. Created a uproar among parents. His research was quickly discredited and he is no longer in healthcare. But the misinformation continues. I myself am vaccinated and support getting vaccinated. You are going to develop COVID antibodies, either thru vaccination or catching COVID. That is the basic fact.

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

Let's be clear about what was said. They all said that they would not trust Trump if he said the vaccine was safe and Harris specifically said "it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability" and that she “would trust the word of public health experts and scientists” such as Anthony S. Fauci, “but not Donald Trump.”. This was before any CDC or FDA approvals had been made.

Of course once those approvals came from those sources they all have promoted the vaccine itself and have all been fully vaccinated.

Tablet22331
Forum Rookie

Post by Tablet22331 »

Coulda Woulda Shoulda, as Coach Jim Mora used to say. It makes no difference at this point whose virus it is. What is important now is to get people vaccinated and get past this.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Gronbog wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 am
Let's be clear about what was said. They all said that they would not trust Trump if he said the vaccine was safe and Harris specifically said "it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability" and that she “would trust the word of public health experts and scientists” such as Anthony S. Fauci, “but not Donald Trump.”. This was before any CDC or FDA approvals had been made.

Of course once those approvals came from those sources they all have promoted the vaccine itself and have all been fully vaccinated.
I'm sure the unvaccinated Biden/Harris voters understand the distinction.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Both of them?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yes, both people that voted for Biden. Oy vey

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

The state of NJ is going door to door in Camden, another republican stronghold to get people vaccinated

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Numbers are going up because elections are coming. Case closed.