vaccinated people may spread the Delta variant as easily as the unvaccinated.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
wildman49
Video Poker Master

vaccinated people may spread the Delta variant as easily as the unvaccinated.

Post by wildman49 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-covid-19 ... 00960.html

A CDC study of a COVID outbreak suggests vaccinated people may spread the Delta variant as easily as the unvaccinated.

It's your right to freedom of speech to call people names and bash them for not getting the virus shot. It is just a shot like the flu shot it's not a vaccine like what knocked out polio . I know many people that had the virus before there was a shot, they did not go to the Dr. or the hospital and did not die. A neighbor of my folks was fully vaccinated and pasted from the virus. This virus is not the plague where people are dropping dead all around you, learn to protect your self as you see fit as there seems to be no real solution to this pandemic.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Meanwhile, health officials in St. Louis County said in a news release that they had documented more than 600 cases in which vaccinated people tested positive for COVID-19, and they stressed that the total is likely higher. They said Thursday that they would release more details soon.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/over-dozen-v ... 51907.html

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Yes, vaccinated people may still contract the Delta variant but if more people were vaccinated would this not have cut down on the spread?

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Tedlark wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:39 pm
Yes, vaccinated people may still contract the Delta variant but if more people were vaccinated would this not have cut down on the spread?
I don't see it, the only way to slow the spread is wearing a mask and I think we are not far away from having to mask up again.

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

Being vaccinated makes it much less likely that you will become infected but yes, it can still happen. The main value of being vaccinated is that you are almost guaranteed not to end up in hospital or dead. This in turn means that hospitals will not be overwhelmed and fewer people will die even if cases rise due to the delta variant. This means that fewer restrictions need be imposed.

Vaccination is the key to regaining real freedom and a quicker retun to "normal" life.

Over 99% of those in hospital with Covid in the U.S. are unvaccinated. If everyone was vaccinated, this would be over.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming in. The vaccines were amazingly effective in all ways. They continue to be very effective, especially at preventing serious disease or death, but are less effective against the spread of Delta.

Delta is a new strain that the vaccines weren't specifically designed to target (because it didn't exist yet).

This is why any delay in vaccinations is incredibly costly... not only for those choosing not to get vaccinated but for those who do and those who are high risk. If we get an even worse mutation, we could be in real trouble again, so the goal is to snuff this out as much as possible (globally) as fast as we can. The only way to do that is through vaccination or complete lockdown (which nobody wants).

With Delta's newfound efficiency in spreading, it would seem to me that a booster targeting it is increasingly likely at some point. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

wildman49 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:29 pm
Tedlark wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:39 pm
I don't see it, the only way to slow the spread is wearing a mask and I think we are not far away from having to mask up again.
Masking has already returned. The northern counties of Illinois is one area and over the last 2 days I have seen more people wearing then than not. I for one began wearing a mask again today when I go to stores and other indoor areas where there are gatherings of people. Yes, I have been vaccinated and I am also wearing a mask again.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

It was reported today that the test positivity rate in Illinois has risen to 4.7%. A month ago it was under 1%. And now we have a governor who has staged a re-election campaign and his main thrust is how successful Illinois has been in fighting Covid and he is taking credit. Let's see if his commercials stop airing for a while until this gets back under control.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Masks and social distancing help prevent the spread of the virus.
Vaccinated people can still get infected but 99% of the infections will be fairly mild.
Unvaccinated people can spread the disease and have a much higher chance of getting seriously sick.
At some point, you'd think an intelligent person would look at the numbers and think there just might be some connection between the 98% of hospital cases being unvaccinated and reality.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Looking at the CDC map, Cochise County is a small Yellow island in a sea of Red.
All of lower California, the rest of the state of Arizona, northern Mexico and western New Mexico is Red with only the small area around Bisbee Yellow.
Maybe it truly is a magical place ,after all.