Hurricane Thoughts

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
doris13
Video Poker Master

Re: Hurricane Thoughts

Post by doris13 »

we had 6 inches of rain in my town and they had to evacuate the lower half of town due to flooding. we had some water in the basement and the backyard is a mudhole but not complaining,we were very fortunate. olds,did you get the thunderstorm last night too? it was scary.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Best wishes to those of you i n the northeast dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida. Turned out to be quite a storm. Thankfully the levees in NOLA held. Total property damage has to be one for the record books.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

So glad the Levees held for you guys. We got the storm Doris. A couple of lightning strikes very close. We just missed the water spout turning into a tornado and going through our town. About 6 inches of rain too for us too Basement water. Very lucky overall

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Glad everybody appears to be safe with limited property damage. I say appears because not everyone in the storm's path has posted. Ironically, we had heavy rains and flash floods here overnight, the remnants of Pacific Hurricane Nora.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I will just keep the prayers going anyway. One of our best family friends just had a stroke at age 64 and is/was the picture of health. He’s hanging in there, but will have a long rehab. My other best friend’s cousin in Florida just passed away only age 46 after a leg injury from an auto accident. To top it off, his wife is in ICU with Covid. We really need some good news for a change. VP or otherwise. The otherwise having priority of course. The one bit of good news is the same best friend’s son ( Special Forces ) is back home from Afghanistan. Minor injuries. Will be OK. Prayers for all those left behind. I don’t want get into the politics of that here. I may just get banned if I do.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:55 am
I will just keep the prayers going anyway. One of our best family friends just had a stroke at age 64 and is/was the picture of health. He’s hanging in there, but will have a long rehab. My other best friend’s cousin in Florida just passed away only age 46 after a leg injury from an auto accident. To top it off, his wife is in ICU with Covid. We really need some good news for a change. VP or otherwise. The otherwise having priority of course. The one bit of good news is the same best friend’s son ( Special Forces ) is back home from Afghanistan. Minor injuries. Will be OK. Prayers for all those left behind. I don’t want get into the politics of that here. I may just get banned if I do.
Ditto Olds. August was a horrible month and yeasterday was nobetter. Wishing everyone good health and happiness for the rest of the year. Stay safe.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:55 am
Thanks for the Prayers Olds !!!

Tablet22331
Forum Rookie

Post by Tablet22331 »

Good luck to everyone in the Northeast! Ida was a real classy lady...not! No one has basements around here, so at least that has never been part of our flooding concern. That much rain that fast in the Northeast --- horrible!

I am going to wait and see before I chalk all of this up to global warming. Weather trends have had peaks and valleys for centuries. But.... if it turns out that we humans have actually caused this uptick in abnormal climate activity --- and I don't know for sure --- then we need to do something about it before it's too late. Unless you like living without power and waiting in line two hours for gas....and being at the mercy of some smart a$$ insurance adjuster.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Many climeatologists say that the climate has been warming and cooling for 5 billion years thats 5000 million years without any help or hurt from mankind! they agree there is a warming phase now but say it will help the earth ! I will give u two prominent names Dr. Greg Whitmoore, Dr. Patrick Michaels. There r many more ! Of coarse the lefties dont want to hear that !!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

advantage playe wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:45 am
! I will give u two prominent names Dr. Greg Whitmoore, Dr. Patrick Michaels. There r many more ! Of coarse the lefties dont want to hear that !!
Another one is Jergen Peder Steffensen, a glacierologist, who examined ice core from Greenland, I don't really understand the methodology, however he used ice core analysis to estimate atmospheric temperatures. His temperature graph from recent times mirrors that of many others, but, going back a few thousand years (nothing in ternms of the earth's age), he concludes that temperatures were significantly higher than today.