Patron Pushing Luck

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Patron Pushing Luck

Post by billryan »

5-3 at the half.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Watched the whole game, even though the Giants aren't going anywhere this year. Amazed that there are so many bad teams in the NFL. Carolina stinks, what a bad offense, I know McCaffrey didn't play, but the Giants had 5 of their best offensive players out. Other bad teams, The Bears, Texans, Washington, Eagles, Lions, Jaguars, Dolphins, Jets and even the 49er's. Unwatchable.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

You left out the Vikings. A bad team with a lot of talent. Seven points at home against the Browns, taken to OT by Carolina, all but lost against the Lions. Might have turned out different if they had pulled out close games against Arizona and Cincy, but they didn't.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You could have the best players all on one team, but if they can’t click and work as s unit, they are going to lose unless all of the other teams are in the same boat. One of the best examples of teamwork I know of and have witnessed so many times are Gino Auriemma’s Lady Huskies basketball team. I may be a little prejudiced being a UCONN graduate going back more years than I can count, but that’s my take anyway.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Come on, Olds. It's Geno! UConn had retroactively extended Auriemma’s contract through 2025 in a deal worth $15M in May. That's a dorm full of professors. 36 year tenure for GA so far, the last half most profitable indeed. Now you know why the state tax is 7%! ;)

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yes Geno is amazing with what he has done, however, what Jim Calhoun did with the men's program is even more amazing. Built a dynamic program that has won 4 national tiles-( I know he only has 3 of them), in Storrs Connecticut

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

How did Uconn compete and beat Kentucky, Duke, Kansas etc. Calhoun was a great recruiter and game coach.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

The difference (IMO) is that Calhoun elevated his team to enable them to compete with the blue chip programs in men's college basketball, while Auriemma forced the rest of WNCAAB to elevate THEIR game to enable them to compete with UCONN. It has dramatically improved the level of play of the women's game such that I enjoy watching them as much or more than the men. Credit also to Pat Summit and others who inspired Geno.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Still think Calhoun had the tougher task

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Undoubtedly. The women's team essentially recruited themselves to be part of a dynasty. An embarrassment of riches.