Inflation.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Inflation.

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ha! Make them go in first. I drive too many miles to lease. At least for now. Pulling into Bizarro world with the Mrs. Dinner time.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

wildman49 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:08 pm
I have to have coke with my Caption Morgan but come on man still at 100% inflated. Before the pandemic I could get a 12 pack cans for $2.99 on sale. Just paid $11.99 for a 24 pack cans on sale. What the hell. I think Coca-Cola co. selling less charging more to keep everything the same company wise. Rip offs!
Don't let Coke get away with that!
Easy fix, More Captain Morgan less Coke. :idea:

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

advantage playe wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 am
Just had oil change and inspection , 150 dollars apx. A pickem quad pays 600 dollars or my next 4 maintenance trips. Keep those Pickem quads comming !
Those are Mercedes prices AP, your just showing off. :D

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Didnt mean to, but you are probably right.

Quisper
Forum Rookie

Post by Quisper »

If you shop around like Olds, you can always find decent oil change places. Just make sure they are following manufacture's specs and you are good to go.
Advantage Player, my wife has a Mercedes and we NEVER take it to the dealer for service. We go to a very good private mechanic shop owned and operated by a gent who worked in a Mercedes dealership for 20-something years. His prices are, on average, 40% of what the dealership charges!
He has actually told us that Mercedes (and many other brands) deliberately design their cars so that no one except the dealer can service it.
Your best bet is to seek out other Mercedes owners and get some recommendations on decent non-dealership mechanics. As long as the work is performed exactly to manufacturer specs, you will not lose your warranty. Mercedes dealership shops are rip-off city!!!
Inflation can be defeated if everyone would refuse to be sucked in. Grocery stores in particular are playing the old song of why not take advantage of jacking up the prices because everyone is doing it and so everyone expects it and so no one really minds. I call BS!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Thanks Quisper !! for your help.!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Again thanks Quisper. You dont post often but when you do it counts! Stay thirsty my friends ! from dosaki beer comercials.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

When you buy your next 1/2 gallon container of ice cream, watch out for the old switcher trick. The container will probably say 48 ounces or even 42 and the price will still be higher than the original 64 oz package. Also watch out for 2 for one deals. We just found one where the 2 for one price was way higher than a single larger size. Same ounces for both deals. Since most people today can’t do basic math, they easily get away with it. Speaking of which, not that I eat them, Burger King recently removed 2 Nuggets. Same price. Now get 8 not 10