Inflation.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Inflation.

Post by olds442jetaway »

Not all seniors and probably almost no younger people know this. After WW1 especially between 1921-1923, inflation spiraled out of control in Germany. This was caused by many factors one of which we are still doing now. The Weimar government prints money it cannot back up. In Germany, demands for war reparations payments, loss of land, and several other factors were to blame. See the chart attached. In 1923, one gold Mark was equal to one paper mark. By 1923, the Mark was no longer backed by gold and a trillion Marks were needed to equal the one Mark in 1918. Workers negotiated their wages every day and everything was falling apart. Workers were paid in suitcases full of paper money and when thieves robbed them, they dumped the money and stole the suitcase. Paper money was used for kindling. Other countries would not sell basic necessities to Germany. This disaster is one reason Hitler rose to power. If this Country keeps spending money it doesn’t have, we will be headed for disaster. When Germany finally scrapped the Mark as currency, truckloads full were sold to scrap dealers as worthless paper.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

IMG_0217.jpeg

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

"They dumped the money and sold the suitcase" thats funnny and true !! I will be at bizzarre land sat. for the triple status and then stay a few days Olds. hope to see you and wife there.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ok good. Nursing a bad cold, but hope to go Sunday Eve. Most likely, the Mrs next Wed Eve. Best of luck. At least you will probably hit your award.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

ez to get daily ach on3x days plus i will get a milage award. On a reg day takes 8plus hours to hit daily ach award. at full pay pickem 5 bucks a tug, as alluded to up or down 2 grand or more is not uncommon .

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Back to inflation.

Todays tax-and-spend Dumocrats don't even have to use printing presses they just do it digitally.
Not one shred of economic sense in the whole bunch!

Basic Econ.101: Increased money supply chasing same number of goods and services = INFLATION.
However, If they followed the rules, they would have fewer taxpayer $'s to use to buy votes.
So inflation is a tool not a concern.

Will be a concern come 2024. Because: "We the people are pissed". :x

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

After dinner, the wife still likes to watch Jeopardy. We both used to do very well answering the questions. Now, the categories are more geared to Hollywood news addicts and facts reflecting unfortunately our current generation. The other night there was a question on which war as of some months ago has about 167,000 surviving veterans. I knew the answer right away as did the Mrs. World War 2. The answers of the contestants like Desert Storm tells me that World War 2 probably isn’t even mentioned much at all anymore in school. I doubt they even name the course History. More likely some sort of Social BS this or that. When growing up and we went to the parades, there were some Veterans of the Spanish American War marching still. It is sad to see what is happening to this Country exponentially in just the last few years.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

The root of the problem is our education system.
Progressive Liberalism took over the Teacher colleges 50-60 years ago.
Their "I'm OK your OK" mantra led to a dumbing down of the entire system.
How? You might ask.
By taking discipline, standards, expectations, and accountability completely out.
Replacing those with participation grading, and almost automatic grade advancement. With relaxed testing and unions covering their butts. Now, granted there are places with schools that excel but there are elements of this problem everywhere.
If you look at a school as a factory, that produces a product, you could stand at the shipping point and evaluate the product. Our schools have slipped badly in the last 50 years when compared to other comparable countries.

I am not a fan of Bill Gates, but he nailed this problem when he said that our education system was broken and could not be fixed.

I see changes in things like common courtesy. Lack of discipline and correction leads to an exalted opinion of ones self.
My classic example is an elevator door. It is a ONE-WAY door! I get off then you get on.
I, for one, square up my shoulders and walk straight off.
Try it and see what sometimes happens. Take note of the age of the violators.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ha!!! After a few bumble heads I have been doing the same thing for quite a few years at Bizarro!!! Hysterical. The attempted elevator hijacker’s are 99 percent under 35 usually much younger, minorities, or foreign from who knows where. At the opposite end, if I see elderly, disabled, or people with babies or lots of packages coming, I will stay in and keep the door open so it doesn’t close on them. I myself had one incident at Bizarro about 10 years ago in the Winter garage elevator. Evidently the sensors were broken and the door closed all the way on me and hard. I had the bruise on my shoulder for 2 months. My natural reaction of course was to slug the stainless door ( in pain) full force which of course I did. Still have knuckle not right anymore to prove it. UGH!! Of course I reported it right away and they took it out of service. I didn’t even leave it till security came for fear of a little one getting killed. I never pursued anything in te way of compensation and they never said anything about the decent sized dent in the stainless door. Heee heee. PS….. If the Mrs and I are in the elevator at the same time, we totally block the exit/entrance at the same time. 👍. Finally, does anyone other than the Mrs and I walk to your right anymore??
Last edited by olds442jetaway on Sat May 06, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

By the way, IMO all of this stuff is indirectly related to inflation. The point was to open the thread to make sure I wasn’t the only reader here seeing what is happening to our once great Nation.