Inflation.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
tech58
Video Poker Master

Re: Inflation.

Post by tech58 »

Plenty of our posters have lived the decline and been paying attention.
Some not so much.

No question that an evolution thru XYZ and millennials has left some important things behind.
Funny story on losses was given by a teacher trying to explain the decline he had seen in 50 years of teaching. He used, in class, an old saying: "never look a gift horse in the mouth".
A student asked; Why halitosis?

Their tendency to overspend and under save is a prime driver of inflation.
And many of them are approaching retirement totally unprepared.
Of course they think big government will bail them out.
The scary thing about that? they may be right.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

tech58 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:06 am
Back to inflation.

Todays tax-and-spend Dumocrats don't even have to use printing presses they just do it digitally.
Not one shred of economic sense in the whole bunch!

Basic Econ.101: Increased money supply chasing same number of goods and services = INFLATION.
However, If they followed the rules, they would have fewer taxpayer $'s to use to buy votes.
So inflation is a tool not a concern.

Will be a concern come 2024. Because: "We the people are pissed". :x
dumocrats , good one ! A pastor said the democrat party has become a godless party. I would say not all of them but sometimes the facts do speak for them selves !!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Was just on 880 AM radio on the way up to Bizarro World tonight. They were talking about the Generation Zers. Most are paying their bills, but many are also using buy now pay later. Almost none have a rainy day fund. When I grew up, no matter how small my dads paycheck was and it was usually about 35 bucks ( paid in cash back then ) hI helped my mom with the budget box from age 5. An old Candy Cupboard candy box. Envelopes for everything from rent to the water bill. No matter how small his pay was, something went into the rainy day fund. Not so today. In 2021, 60 percent of Americans paid no Federal income tax. Don’t even get me started on that subject. I can’t even imagine the percentage if you add the illegal Southern Border crossers to that.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

I have to have coke with my Caption Morgan but come on man still at 100% inflated. Before the pandemic I could get a 12 pack cans for $2.99 on sale. Just paid $11.99 for a 24 pack cans on sale. What the hell. I think Coca-Cola co. selling less charging more to keep everything the same company wise. Rip offs!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think their goal is a buck a can. Hell I watch groups of youngsters drop 7,8,9, bucks a piece on sugary hot drinks. Then they wonder why they never have any money. Sometimes, the drive thru line is around the entire building. I only go there if someone in the family gives me a gift card. They have a gold mine where I live.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Forgot to add some of those drinks at Starbucks have 500 calories or more. Each to his/her own, but then they wonder why they can’t fit into their Jeans. I know, now I am in big trouble!😬

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Inflation came in at 4.9. What they don’t tell you is the compounding effect. The 4.9 is based on the high last year’s number. Baby food hit an all time high. Grocery store prices haven’t fallen. Energy and housing and the stuff we spend money on every day still through the roof.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Just had oil change and inspection , 150 dollars apx. A pickem quad pays 600 dollars or my next 4 maintenance trips. Keep those Pickem quads comming !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

They better. I still get my oil changes at Walmart ( but picky on which one ) just over 20 bucks. Same crew for years. I get my tires usually there too. Save a ton. As you can see, I am pretty frugal except with VP. 😬

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:43 pm
They better. I still get my oil changes at Walmart ( but picky on which one ) just over 20 bucks. Same crew for years. I get my tires usually there too. Save a ton. As you can see, I am pretty frugal except with VP. 😬
Wow , I have a lease so I bring the car to my dealer. or should I say bandit, lol. Call the police, oh wait they have been defunded. I know I will call a committee member .