Memorial Day

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Memorial Day

Post by olds442jetaway »

IMG_0394.jpeg
IMG_0394.jpeg (57.28 KiB) Viewed 2757 times

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. 🇺🇸
Please take a moment to Honor Our Heroes!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Taken in 2019. My dad in the center wearing the white wrist monitor. All the men here were surviving WW2 veterans.
Attachments
IMG_2995.jpeg

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Oh wow Olds! That is an awesome picture! God Bless Them! Thanks for sharing this...

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

I don't want to be a stickler, but Memorial Day is for "honoring and mourning the U.S. military personnel who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces." To me it is a solemn day to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Veterans Day is for those who served and survived. They need to be honored and thanked for risking their lives in the service of this great country.

Quisper
Forum Rookie

Post by Quisper »

OTABILL is absolutely correct. Veterans Day and Memorial Day should not be confused.

Another point: It is a solemn and even a sad day. It is almost offensive to see and hear the constant, "Happy Memorial Day." Nothing happy about it.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I had the only flag up on the block.

Didn't used to be like that.....

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

I gave my son a flag a few years back. I was astonished to hear the association at his development won't allow him to display it!

Didn't used to be like that....

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I can’t disagree with OTA. At that particular service where my dad was present, they were sharing stories and honoring those fellow Servicemen and relatives who didn’t make it back. In fact, I heard more than one say it should have been me that didn’t make it back and not one of the Veterans there had a dry eye when remembering.
Regarding the flag, we have had several Condo Associations here in Ct take the same or similar actions. Awful.