What video poker game has people had the best luck with in real casino

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Post Reply
Dirtyblyss
Forum Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:02 pm

What video poker game has people had the best luck with in real casino

Post by Dirtyblyss »

Just qurious I have good luck on spin poker

case
VP Veteran
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 am

Post by case »

I don't really think luck has as big of an influence as some people on here think. If you go to the casino just a few times a year than yes luck plays a big factor. However if you go enough and play the games right the odds of the game will play out. My favourite games are DDB and BP.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master
Posts: 6229
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 am

Post by FloridaPhil »

You will get a lot of different opinions on this. My favorite VP game is Deuces Wild. The variance is fairly low which lets me play longer with my money. The game is exciting. I like the quad deuce mini jackpot. It gives me something to look forward to that is more frequent than a royal flush. My best luck? I play deuces wild more than the other games, so I have the best luck with that game.

Vman96
Video Poker Master
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Vman96 »

In my sample of play, it's clearly Super DDB.

Minnesota3
Forum Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Minnesota3 »

I have had good luck on Super Double Bonus where 4 of a kind J, Q, or K pays you 600 credits.

Sea Lion
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Sea Lion »

case wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 pm
I don't really think luck has as big of an influence as some people on here think. If you go to the casino just a few times a year than yes luck plays a big factor. However if you go enough and play the games right the odds of the game will play out. My favourite games are DDB and BP.
To me it is pure luck. I live in Vegas and play a lot of both of those games, especially 10-play. The "9/6" or "8/5" is just what the full house and flush will pay out if hit. I've had many more quads dealt and hit on lesser paytables than on those "almost full pay" machines. The deal is fully dependent on the RNG and if any software updates are implemented to determine what will be dealt or drawn out. The RNG keeps spinning until the deal button his hit, then spins again until the draw button is hit, just like a regular slot machine. On both games, from my experience, 90% - 95% of the hands dealt will result in a losing or a return bet hand. Having said that, the reason I play the hell out of both of those games is the pure adrenaline rush of hoping to hit those premium hands, and they do happen.. As mentioned many times here by Mr. Dancer and others, you just have to have the bankroll to survive the downward swings though in order to enjoy these games otherwise you will walk out of the casino with less money than you walked in with.

case
VP Veteran
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 am

Post by case »

Sea Lion wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:53 pm
case wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 pm
I don't really think luck has as big of an influence as some people on here think. If you go to the casino just a few times a year than yes luck plays a big factor. However if you go enough and play the games right the odds of the game will play out. My favourite games are DDB and BP.
To me it is pure luck. I live in Vegas and play a lot of both of those games, especially 10-play. The "9/6" or "8/5" is just what the full house and flush will pay out if hit. I've had many more quads dealt and hit on lesser paytables than on those "almost full pay" machines. The deal is fully dependent on the RNG and if any software updates are implemented to determine what will be dealt or drawn out. The RNG keeps spinning until the deal button his hit, then spins again until the draw button is hit, just like a regular slot machine. On both games, from my experience, 90% - 95% of the hands dealt will result in a losing or a return bet hand. Having said that, the reason I play the hell out of both of those games is the pure adrenaline rush of hoping to hit those premium hands, and they do happen.. As mentioned many times here by Mr. Dancer and others, you just have to have the bankroll to survive the downward swings though in order to enjoy these games otherwise you will walk out of the casino with less money than you walked in with.

You live in Vegas and really believe video poker is pure luck? Short term luck is indeed a factor. Long term the games will play to their projected pay tables.

You really believe the "lessor" pay tables return more quads than the better pay tables? They should return the same amount of quads. You will have just as many FH and Flush on any pay tables but you will make much more money playing the better pay tables.

Sea Lion
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Sea Lion »

case wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Sea Lion wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:53 pm
case wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 pm
I don't really think luck has as big of an influence as some people on here think. If you go to the casino just a few times a year than yes luck plays a big factor. However if you go enough and play the games right the odds of the game will play out. My favourite games are DDB and BP.
To me it is pure luck. I live in Vegas and play a lot of both of those games, especially 10-play. The "9/6" or "8/5" is just what the full house and flush will pay out if hit. I've had many more quads dealt and hit on lesser paytables than on those "almost full pay" machines. The deal is fully dependent on the RNG and if any software updates are implemented to determine what will be dealt or drawn out. The RNG keeps spinning until the deal button his hit, then spins again until the draw button is hit, just like a regular slot machine. On both games, from my experience, 90% - 95% of the hands dealt will result in a losing or a return bet hand. Having said that, the reason I play the hell out of both of those games is the pure adrenaline rush of hoping to hit those premium hands, and they do happen.. As mentioned many times here by Mr. Dancer and others, you just have to have the bankroll to survive the downward swings though in order to enjoy these games otherwise you will walk out of the casino with less money than you walked in with.
You live in Vegas and really believe video poker is pure luck? Short term luck is indeed a factor. Long term the games will play to their projected pay tables.
Only if you have the bankroll to survive the swings and hours upon hours to sit in front of a machine. I go play for a few hours at South Point or Main Street and if I come up, great. One thing though, I've never came out of South Point with more money than I went in with. I do tend to break even there though, or come close. Main Street I have. Just not last night...
You really believe the "lessor" pay tables return more quads than the better pay tables? They should return the same amount of quads. You will have just as many FH and Flush on any pay tables but you will make much more money playing the better pay tables.
No argument on the math, but it all depends on the deal. I remember when Red Rock opened I could sit in front of those 7/5 progressive 10 play DDB machines and play 7 - 8 hours on $100. On a 9/6 DDB 10 play at South Point today, I'd be lucky to get 15 - 20 minutes in before sticking another $100 into the machine and that's on nickels. It's all comes down to what is dealt. Also, VP machines are not the same as they were 15 - 20 years ago. The software update programs are much tighter, and I'm not taking about the pay scales. I am seeing way more throwaway hands and crap hands dealt now than I did 15-20 years ago.

Vman96
Video Poker Master
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Vman96 »

Sea Lion wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:35 am
case wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Sea Lion wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:53 pm
case wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 pm
I don't really think luck has as big of an influence as some people on here think. If you go to the casino just a few times a year than yes luck plays a big factor. However if you go enough and play the games right the odds of the game will play out. My favourite games are DDB and BP.
To me it is pure luck. I live in Vegas and play a lot of both of those games, especially 10-play. The "9/6" or "8/5" is just what the full house and flush will pay out if hit. I've had many more quads dealt and hit on lesser paytables than on those "almost full pay" machines. The deal is fully dependent on the RNG and if any software updates are implemented to determine what will be dealt or drawn out. The RNG keeps spinning until the deal button his hit, then spins again until the draw button is hit, just like a regular slot machine. On both games, from my experience, 90% - 95% of the hands dealt will result in a losing or a return bet hand. Having said that, the reason I play the hell out of both of those games is the pure adrenaline rush of hoping to hit those premium hands, and they do happen.. As mentioned many times here by Mr. Dancer and others, you just have to have the bankroll to survive the downward swings though in order to enjoy these games otherwise you will walk out of the casino with less money than you walked in with.
You live in Vegas and really believe video poker is pure luck? Short term luck is indeed a factor. Long term the games will play to their projected pay tables.
Only if you have the bankroll to survive the swings and hours upon hours to sit in front of a machine. I go play for a few hours at South Point or Main Street and if I come up, great. One thing though, I've never came out of South Point with more money than I went in with. I do tend to break even there though, or come close. Main Street I have. Just not last night...
You really believe the "lessor" pay tables return more quads than the better pay tables? They should return the same amount of quads. You will have just as many FH and Flush on any pay tables but you will make much more money playing the better pay tables.
No argument on the math, but it all depends on the deal. I remember when Red Rock opened I could sit in front of those 7/5 progressive 10 play DDB machines and play 7 - 8 hours on $100. On a 9/6 DDB 10 play at South Point today, I'd be lucky to get 15 - 20 minutes in before sticking another $100 into the machine and that's on nickels. It's all comes down to what is dealt. Also, VP machines are not the same as they were 15 - 20 years ago. The software update programs are much tighter, and I'm not taking about the pay scales. I am seeing way more throwaway hands and crap hands dealt now than I did 15-20 years ago.
If you really believe that, quit right now. There isn't a good reason to play. And this is Vman96 writing, some quote level got deleted. Lol

Sea Lion
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Sea Lion »

Vman96 and case, you guys always have very informative posts here and I respect that. I've been playing VP for the last 24 years, and what I post about is from my very own experience playing. I also know a few people who work in the industry, and some of the stuff I hear is stuff I don't want to hear regarding VP machines and programming. I play for entertainment value, and lately it has been getting quite expensive. As time goes on, and with what I have been personally experiencing playing VP, I tend to believe that info is true that I didn't want to believe in the first place. Vegas has been getting tighter with everything over the last 10 years, and it would not surprise me if RNG's are really being legally manipulated just enough to pass... I do need to step back for a minute though. :)

Post Reply