eye strain

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: eye strain

Post by Tedlark »

I see.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I am 72 years old going on 73 next week. I play more hands of VP than most. Sometimes 4-6 hours or more with only short bathroom breaks. I also work on the computer all day. I have been doing so for many years. I use two different pairs of glasses. One for use off the computer and one when I am on. My walking around glass are prescription bifocals. My computer glasses are full eye magnifiers from Walmart.

Working on the computer all day strains your eyes. Using two different glasses helps. I use eye drops when I need them. Bright screens are the worst, especially on phones. Turning down the brightness helps. You may want to visit an eye doctor to make sure you don't have an issue that may get worse.

A bigger problem for me is hand cramps and numbness. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, so I alternate hands when I play VP.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I have become addicted to bright screens, I'm afraid. I must ask a pro about the effects. It must be better than a darker than average screen! I occasionally get a cramped right index finger from all the deal and redraw commands, which is painful. I can't even switch hands because the muscle memory is so ingrained. I tried but felt really uncomfortable and disoriented.

tuckergene
Forum Newbie

Post by tuckergene »

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but it strikes me that the original post deserves a bit of scrutiny. No doctor here but the symptoms discribed could be related to any of sevceral potentially mission criitical issues that beg for immeidate medical attention. Were it me, I'd get an OK from an MD just to rule out anything serious. Its overkiull, but... Good luck.