How do I get a lucky royal flush on first deal?

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
tech58
Video Poker Master

Re: How do I get a lucky royal flush on first deal?

Post by tech58 »

You guys are being brutal
There are newbies out there cranking away on this right now. :up:

valden

Post by valden »

I have been dealt a royal flush once on the initial deal and four times on the second deal. At the hard rock in Hollywood fla I hit a royal flush and changed machines. The next hand I was dealt a royal After I threw all the cards away playing deuces wild.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I threw all away on JOB last month and was dealt RF! Never dreamed of such luck, and unfortunately my bet reflected my confidence level.

sammy1818
Forum Newbie

Post by sammy1818 »

Just got to be lucky

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My first Royal was on the first hand I played that particular vacation. I was dealt a flush with four to the Royal. Threw away a low spade and hoped for an Ace or a nine for a straight flush. Up popped the Ace.
I've hit 4 twos a few times on first hands.
The more you play, the more you will hit things on your first hand.

nannypoo
Forum Rookie

Post by nannypoo »

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Royals are so few, that it’s not worth chasing them. Getting tired of keeping AK of hearts etc, nothing happens. Take what you get, live to play another day.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

nannypoo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:17 am
Getting tired of keeping AK of hearts etc, nothing happens.
So, what fo you do instead?

nannypoo
Forum Rookie

Post by nannypoo »

I’ve gotten a few Royals but don’t chase. Play DDB and TDB because pay off better. Play a game and if not getting anything change the game. Sometimes JOB or DB get better cards. Always cash out anything.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

What do you mean by "chasing the royal? Are you saying that, even though the highest ev value play is drawing for a royal, you don't do it?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Long term, not playing the best EV will bite you. That said, my opinion differs greatly on what long term is. I feel it can be longer than one’s lifetime. I guess what I am saying is play the best game and paytable you can find, but if it makes your sessions more fun to just keep an ACE, do what makes you happy, realizing there could be some long term negative financial consequences. You definiteky want to avoid though when holding cards what is considered a high error and even medium errors if possible. A few low errors here and there might cost you a few bucks, but not much even long term unless you play 2 million hands a year like I do. Then they can really add up.