Double bonus poker and double double bonus poker

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Hotshooter
Forum Rookie

Double bonus poker and double double bonus poker

Post by Hotshooter »

Which of these games are natural move up to from jacks or better and bonus poker and.. how much different than strategy from those two are double bonus poker and double double bonus poker

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

Double Bonus. Much less volatile than DDB. 10/7/5 versions of DB exist here in LV, but you will find the 9/7/5 version much easier. Any DB payscale less than 9/7/5 should not be played. Some of the different strategies between DB and DDB is that with DB I always go for the inside straight if that is the only play as opposed to throwing away the hand, and with a dealt paying pair along with 4 to a flush with the exception of Aces, keep the 4 to the flush.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Try searching for the Wizard's article called Effect of Strategy Mismatches in Video Poker. It'll give you an idea of how far the games depart from each other strategically. Of the four mentioned, I think DB is by far the most difficult.

The most readily available indicator of volatility is variance. JOB is 19.5, BP 21, DB 28.5, DDB 42. I don't know what the numbers mean.