Why U play Ultimate X

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
LindaSioux
Forum Newbie

Why U play Ultimate X

Post by LindaSioux »

Ultimate X in its original incarnation is by far my favorite video poker game. I have won more jackpots on it, been dealt royals 4 times and 4 aces more times that I can remember. i don't mind paying more to play, because it truly gives you more chances to win!

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Do you play multi-line?

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

You do get many chances to win --- and you pay for them with twice the money per hand, bad pay schedules at most places, and a far different strategy for this game than regular video poker. The vast majority of winners at UX are the vultures, who play off multipliers left behind by unwitting gamblers. For players playing the game straight up, a high percentage of them are big losers.

applepear86

Post by applepear86 »

BobDancer wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:39 am
You do get many chances to win --- and you pay for them with twice the money per hand, bad pay schedules at most places, and a far different strategy for this game than regular video poker. The vast majority of winners at UX are the vultures, who play off multipliers left behind by unwitting gamblers. For players playing the game straight up, a high percentage of them are big losers.
Vulturing on the late weekend nights are always the most profitable for me. This past weekend starting on nickels and scaling up, I turned a 10 dollar bill into 140 dollars without having to go back into my wallet. I did have some out of the ordinary amazing quarter denom hits but it still shows you the power of vulturing. I never sweat the money because I have a steep advantage on those things. $50 on one multihand ddb draw would normally make my stomach drop, but when I have a 40% advantage from left behind multipliers I don't mind since if I keep repeating it I will be far into the positive. The only downfall I can think of is wasted time if it's a dry night (weekdays are the worst), and feeling like a bummy crackhead scanning them all lol. I feel really sh*tty looking through 15 bartops and only finding one 2x on a nickel denom.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

There are no 99 percent Ultimate X games where I play. Not even close. Long term, unless you have a leprechaun who lives on your shoulder, they will eat you alive.

applepear86

Post by applepear86 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:55 pm
There are no 99 percent Ultimate X games where I play. Not even close. Long term, unless you have a leprechaun who lives on your shoulder, they will eat you alive.
Yea, it's DEFINITELY not my cup of tea to sit there and play. I only like it for the advantage play angle.

twin50
Forum Newbie

Post by twin50 »

I play because when the odds pay off, it's awesome!

azbob
Forum Newbie

Post by azbob »

Favorite specialty game. Got dealt a royal on triple play DD...alas, no multipliers.

nomadgurl
Forum Regular

Post by nomadgurl »

I love ultimate x bonus streak!!! I play the 10 play. Just in the last 2 weeks I won a 1200.00 payout and a 700.00 payout. I play dueces for the most part. I bet max on a 5 cent which is 5 bucks a bet. Practicing at home a lot has helped. Figuring out the strategy was challenging but fun and it doesnt follow single hand rules for sure. My favorite go to game.

BrunoBo
Forum Newbie

Post by BrunoBo »

Hello. I'm new. Where can I play Ultimate X?