Worst vp in America

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Mikeinri
Forum Regular

Worst vp in America

Post by Mikeinri »

We should turn this into a joke sticky thread.
My nomination:
Twin River Lincoln, RI just north of Providence. They have the audacity to PROMOTE this expanded vp area on their social media.
Lousy 94.82% (1,2,2,3,4,10,15,25,200,800) Deuces Wild with the added benefit of a SHORT PAY royal-1500 coins on a 5 coin bet for a 300-1 payout instead of 800. 93.72% if I am using the calculator right.
The JOB is the same lousy payback with the same short pay royal.
The kicker? Other than a few machines hidden in the back there is a 5 coin minimum on all machines. Needless to say, nothing under a quarter denomination so a $1.25 bet on vast majority of machines.
The 91% video keno, which you CAN play one quarter at a time, is a much better money sucker than the VP-save those few machines that allow single coin bets.
I guess somebody in management decided those 94.82% were just too generous to the players so they had to short pay the royals!
Only played the single coin for half hour intermission at the Foreigner/Bad Company free tribute show at the Lighthouse Bar. Great show by the way.
If anyone wants to check out, for a laugh, this VP area it is on the 1st floor directly behind the elevator (not escalator!) that opens on the second floor in front of the Wicked Good restaurant.

YearOfTheCat
Forum Newbie

Post by YearOfTheCat »

Down the highway at Plainridge Park, they must think that they are being generous by offering 8/5 Jacks or Better.

Mikeinri
Forum Regular

Post by Mikeinri »

YearOfTheCat wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Down the highway at Plainridge Park, they must think that they are being generous by offering 8/5 Jacks or Better.
Twin River has (get ready for it) 6-5 JOB with short royal payout of 1500 coins.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

I've seen nickle machines programmed where you need to play 40 coins to get the royal bonus.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Wow, vote with your feet!

Mikeinri
Forum Regular

Post by Mikeinri »

Waiting4RF wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:19 pm
I've seen nickle machines programmed where you need to play 40 coins to get the royal bonus.
That could be here. I'll look into that tomorrow. They may pay it for 10 or 20 quarters but who is going to go $5 a spin for a still god-awful under 95% game.
Nickle vp most definitely does not exist at Twin River in any form or number of coins.

Mikeinri
Forum Regular

Post by Mikeinri »

Carcounter wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:01 am
Wow, vote with your feet!
Unfortunately, when you get old, fat and tired, driving an extra hour round trip to Plainridge for a still lousy 97% game (8-5 JOB or its equivalent in deuces) is even less tempting. 10 minutes away, we go to Twin River every week, play for around 90 minutes and hit one of the restaurants before heading home 10 minutes away. A little single coin quarter VP and VK is my speed at this point. Hit a 700 coin 5 spot VK last month and was happy as a clam. The free live bands at the Lighthouse bar often hit the spot for us boomers. I used to go to vegas every month to play the FPDW and 10/6 JOB but that was too many years to remember. I was there for all of it from Vegas World to the Frontier strike to dime roulette at the Klondike to a young good looking Bob Dancer and Jean Scott.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is old and weak!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I get it. Good luck to you.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Lucky I still have 99.5% plus VP in AC. Don't know for how long.

Mikeinri
Forum Regular

Post by Mikeinri »

An update on the highlights, so to speak, of the Twin River poker room:
1. There is absolutely no nickel VP or VK.
2. There is no 3 play, 5 play etc.
3. The dollar VP, as expected, is slightly better than the 6-5 short pay royal (or its DW, BP, DDB equivalents). It is 8-5 JOB ---BUT the royal is short pay unless you bet the 20 coin maximum.1-5 coins is 300-1, then it slowly increases to I think 650-1 for a 19 coin bet. So $20 a spin for 8-5 JOB with a full royal. Let's keep it a secret so no one burns it out. LOL.
4. The quarter short royal 6-5 JOB Game Kings I discussed in my first post are indeed available at full royal at maximum coin. Maximum coin being 100 quarters! You play 99 quarters and they pay 650-1 and it goes down to 300-1 for 10 coins or less. All the usual games like DW, BP, DDB, etc. are available at the same lousy, 94% payouts.
Bottom line-$25 a spin to get "full pay" 6-5 JOB.
Good Luck!
5. I had to rub my eyes myself but some not particularly prosperous looking guy was playing 75 quarters a spin on the 6-5 gamemakers. I was slow playing single coin, sipping a Bud and laughing.
6. VK is available at both the gamemakers and a bank of ancient Top Fight Keno machine just outside the new VP room. I looked them up and they are both 91% machines. The old machines are slightly better at 4, 25, 435 for a 5 spot while the newer gamemakers are 3, 11, 804.
Welcome to the River-"So much, so close" is their promotion!
LOL