Joker effect?

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Joker effect?

Post by TripleTriple »

So I'm suddenly fascinated with prospects of Joker Poker and variants (love April Fools, Steve Miller fan, childhood dream of being the King's jester, etc.). I know I could look it up, but thought I'd lean on the forum- how does the joker affect the frequency of royal flushes, both wild and natural? Obviously getting a 4oak is pedestrian in this game. Any quirks or nuisances when playing these variants? What about the variants KOB, AOB, 2PB? I'm waiting with bells on...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I like Joker Kings, but the varience can be bad if the Jokers don’t appear or connect. The frequencies will all be listed on the Wizards site. See if you can get a 98.44 at least game. The Royal pays 940 for one instead of 800. You will hit wild Royals once in awhile, but not often. 100 for 1. Straight flushes in a long session at 50 for one will usually appear once, twice, or more. It is roughly twice as hard to hit 5 of a kind at 200 for one as in Deuces wild. You need lots of quads or better at 17 for 1 to keep you going and hope for the top two hits. I don’t have all of the frequencies memorized, but they are listed on the Wizard’s pay-tables. I find in this game, I either hit a bunch of good stuff close together or spiral down pretty fast. Hope this helps a bit. If I remember, a Royal will hit roughly as often as in most draw poker games, but I will look it up to make sure and post the frequency in a minute.
A few more tidbits I looked up before I forget. Royal…..all in round numbers every 38,450 hands. Straight flush every 1,666 hands, Wild Royal every 10,000 hands. 5 of a kind every 10,753 hands, quad every 118 hands. I’m sure you know already, to get the frequency long term, divide 1 by the probability. Others may not know how to do this. For instance on a Royal 1 divided by .000026 gives you 38,462. So long term once in that many hands as an average you will hit one. Emphasis……Long term