Best for Beginners

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
EastCoastXray
Forum Newbie

Best for Beginners

Post by EastCoastXray »

Hi all,

Curious as to what is the most user friendly variation of video poker that new players can learn and master?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Jacks or Better.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

It is not the most exciting game, but I would have to say Jack’s or Better. Try and find a paytable that pays 9 for one for the full house and 6 for one for the flush. In the long run, with perfect strategy, that will return 99.54 percent of your money. Do not play less than the required number of coins ( usually 5 ) to get paid the correct 800 for 1 amount for the Royal Flush. I would pick up Bob Dancer’s book on strategy as well or the software for it. You can also play wolf Video poker for free on line, if you can find the program. Others may chime in on the on line or software stuff. Being a senior snd not a new one, I have limited knowledge or interest in the computer stuff.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Funny Ted. I guess great minds think alike at least sometimes. Look at the times of our posts. When I was writing mine, yours was on its way. When I opened the thread there were no replies. They must have come in seconds apart.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:11 am
Funny Ted. I guess great minds think alike at least sometimes. Look at the times of our posts. When I was writing mine, yours was on its way. When I opened the thread there were no replies. They must have come in seconds apart.
Oh well, sometimes (especially in video poker) timing is everything...