Monthly Contest Average Number of Players

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
FredPiF
Forum Newbie

Monthly Contest Average Number of Players

Post by FredPiF »

About how many players finish all hands in the monthly contest?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Around 3,000 people tend to start the contest.

On average, I would say between 1,000 and 1,200 people complete all the hands.

After the first week, around half of them have dropped off / given up. Perhaps the commitment is too great or they are turned off by the early high scores.

The two weeks that follow, attrition is much slower. People who have played a full week are committed for the long haul.

Throughout the final week, another few hundred drop off, likely believing they are out of reach of the top 100 or whatever their objective may be.

In December, the number of finishers was lower than usual. Perhaps the holidays kept some people from getting all their sessions in.

FredPiF
Forum Newbie

Post by FredPiF »

Thanks! The commitment loomed large for me...now I'm hooked.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

You're not committed to play every day, however (unlike the old days). If your schedule does not permit play on a particular day, you simply carry over those unused sessions until you can use them.

FredPiF
Forum Newbie

Post by FredPiF »

Also, it's not as big a commitment as I thought because I play single hand much faster.

compncards
Forum Newbie

Post by compncards »

I originally was going to give up on the monthly, but then I found out that if I play with my cell phone internet, the game plays much faster. I have satellite internet normally.