Summary of Boyd Gaming changes

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
DougJ

Summary of Boyd Gaming changes

Post by DougJ »

Summary of Boyd, after their "huge" rollout of a new players' club:

Video poker players not wanted.

If you want to earn actual tier credits (not points), bring a pillow and wear your favorite jammies. Play your favorite VP games (with lowered pay tables) until you pass out . . . probably about next Tuesday.

For this, you shall be rewarded with about FOUR tier points.

Thank you for your donations to our Boyd family. :)

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Have they, in addition to decimating players club benefits, slashed pay tables as well?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Too bad there aren't any alternatives for the poor VP player.
People should have voted with their feet when they pulled the shenanigans with the 50+ club last year.
If enough people complain, perhaps they listen.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

onemoretry wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 am
Have they, in addition to decimating players club benefits, slashed pay tables as well?
No I don't think they changed pay tables. I think he meant you should play the games with the worst pay tables if you want to get any tier credits.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

I haven't seen any pay tables cut... yet. I do have a hard time playing any DDB with less than 9/6 even though machines with 8/5 and even 7/5 seem to hit quads more often. :?

Deucemonger
Forum Newbie

Post by Deucemonger »

Has anyone got a more recent opinion on the earnings required for a tier credit. As an example, the amount of coin in if you are playing the 99.73% NSUD game to acquire a tier credit?

Minnesota3
Forum Regular

Post by Minnesota3 »

I recently returned from Ameristar Kansas City on a 4 day trip. I tried figuring out the formula, but finally gave up. I just know it takes a lot! I was playing 9/7/5 Double Bonus 99.11% about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time 7/5 Bonus Poker 98.01% at another bar chasing a different progressive, Although the games have a 1.1% difference in payback percentage, I couldn't discern any difference in tier points. I played steady for 4 days and only got 600 tier points!!