Metropolis, IL Harrahs Royal AGAIN

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
wilcoxfun

Metropolis, IL Harrahs Royal AGAIN

Post by wilcoxfun »

Today sat down with $100 and $70 free play. I was playing Bonus Poker 7/5 I know not good. I was hitting and won the hundred so put it in my pocket. This way I would go home with money I came in with. I was down to last ten dollars. I had hand of Ace of hearts, ten of cubs, King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs and Ace of Clubs. I decided this was the machine I hit a royal with clubs so threw away the winning hand of Aces. Up pop the Jack of Clubs! $2,000 royal as I was playing fifty cent.

Once again I have a flip phone so no photo to share. This month on that machine has been good to me. Twice $2,000 royals on bonus poker and one dollar royal of $4,000 playing deuces wild.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats, you just never know.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

wilcoxfun wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:00 pm
I decided this was the machine I hit a royal with clubs so threw away the winning hand of Aces. Up pop the Jack of Clubs! $2,000 royal as I was playing fifty cent.
I hope you're not suggesting you even thought of holding the high pair. Going for the royal is a vastly superior play. Congratulations on hitting it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Great going. Hope if you had a regular flush instead of the high pair, you would have tossed that too. Again, congrats!

rayj

Post by rayj »

Always go for it with 4 THR...

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

I did not linger long at deciding to go for the royal!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

rayj wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:45 am
Always go for it with 4 THR...
There is one exception according to our resident expert BD in his "VP for the Intelligent Beginner." In JOB, DB, DDB, and I assume TDB, if you are dealt a King high Straight Flush, you keep it. DW apparently depends on which version and number of dealt deuces. I don't play DW so I have not tried to decipher BD's charts.