A dramatic session playing AC Joker

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: A dramatic session playing AC Joker

Post by Carcounter »

Ac Joker wild is a terrible game, but I see many people playing it all over AC because of the higher frequency of the 5OAK jackpot. ( 1 in 11,000). The rest of the paytable is a constant drain. The only time I played this was when Borgata first opened and they had a Kings or better version that payed a full 4,000 credits for a natural royal and had a progressive for the 5OAK. Game only lasted a few months and was pulled. Couldn't get a seat on Friday afternoons. I think the reset payback percentage was around 101.5%. Anybody remember the paytable?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Jstark wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:49 pm
You know the are knuckleheads out the that would've tossed the joker! :lol:
And then when they whiff on the natural royal and see that the natural royal pays exactly what the wild royal pays, oops....

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Antebellum Reb wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:15 am
wow this is all interesting and im starting to realize totally above my head at the moment. yes i visited the wizard website along with a couple other places after googling jokers wild AC version.

im no way cut out to play the game shown above at 1 dollar 10 hands at once. that comes out to 50 dollars per deal. im not a high roller and even if i could afford it i wouldnt be one, but if i can find this game in 25 cent credit mode single hands or maybe even 3 hands (again at 25 cents) I might give it a serious try. thanks to all for answering my questionss
You can find this game at lower denoms --- but it is not a good game to aspire to play well. As mentioned in this thread, it's a 97% game with a sky-high variance combined with basically impossible to play perfectly because it's too difficult to figure out exactly. Don't let somebody posting jackpot pictures convince you it's the road to riches. It's not.

There are far better choices out there with 1) higher return and 2) easier to play well. Hophoofer mentioned he was previously play Triple Double Bonus, which is another extremely high variance game. There are people who like those kinds of games. More power to them. But most of us don't. Especially those, like you, who appear to be short on bankroll.

Player422738
VP Veteran

Post by Player422738 »

BobDancer wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:17 am
Don't let somebody posting jackpot pictures convince you it's the road to riches. It's not.
@Tedlark, obviously Bob was referring to you. ;)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

hophoofer wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:12 pm
BobDancer wrote:
Don't let somebody posting jackpot pictures convince you it's the road to riches. It's not.
@Tedlark, obviously Bob was referring to you. ;)

Bob who?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Harrahs Joliet 8-15-20.jpg
I went to Harrah's Joliet, IL last night to get one more session in for the 5X tier credit and reward credit multiplier. I stopped at Hollywood Joliet just prior as it was on the way and promptly lost 300 bucks there playing 10 hand TBD. At Hollywood Joliet I was dealt trip 3's and couldn't connect and on the very next hand I was dealt trip 2's and didn't connect there either so I left and headed over to Harrah's. I went in back and was playing for a little while, down a few bucks when a man sat behind me and was having a conversation on his phone with his mask pulled down. I left annoyed, and went over to a different bank of machines outside of the "Video Poker Cove." That's where I hit the attached. I upped my denomination to .50 and hit several straight flushes. One play I was dealt 4 to the straight flush and nailed 4 of them for a nice little 1k payoff. I left right at closing up about 1,400 bucks.

Antebellum Reb
Forum Regular

Post by Antebellum Reb »

BobDancer wrote:
Antebellum Reb wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:15 am
wow this is all interesting and im starting to realize totally above my head at the moment. yes i visited the wizard website along with a couple other places after googling jokers wild AC version.

im no way cut out to play the game shown above at 1 dollar 10 hands at once. that comes out to 50 dollars per deal. im not a high roller and even if i could afford it i wouldnt be one, but if i can find this game in 25 cent credit mode single hands or maybe even 3 hands (again at 25 cents) I might give it a serious try. thanks to all for answering my questionss
You can find this game at lower denoms --- but it is not a good game to aspire to play well. As mentioned in this thread, it's a 97% game with a sky-high variance combined with basically impossible to play perfectly because it's too difficult to figure out exactly. Don't let somebody posting jackpot pictures convince you it's the road to riches. It's not.

There are far better choices out there with 1) higher return and 2) easier to play well. Hophoofer mentioned he was previously play Triple Double Bonus, which is another extremely high variance game. There are people who like those kinds of games. More power to them. But most of us don't. Especially those, like you, who appear to be short on bankroll.
i see, thank you poster bob dancer, i appreciate the insight and advice you offer. im not exactly short on bankroll I just don't feel comfortable betting more than 10-12 bucks a deal maximum (like a 10 handed game at 25cents) and mostly I play single handed games 25 cents to 1 dollar credits or 3-5 hands etc. i just couldn't stomach the level poster tedlark is playing, betting 50 dollars a push of the deal button, but more power to him. apparently he has found a way to make this 97% game pay off. i know you are the leading expert on video poker strategy but in your experience haven't you met exceptions to the rules when it comes to people who simply defy the odds or normal conventions?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice trip Ted. Real nice

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Now its time to take it easy olds, because of the 5X multiplier I'm several thousand points over CET Diamond Elite and I don't have the need to go for Seven Stars.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep. By the way nice hits Hops! I like Joker, but just Joker Kings. Very streaky that’s for sure