The Knocker

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
FAA
Video Poker Master

The Knocker

Post by FAA »

You may recall my posts about a regular whose play was defined by slapping buttons. Call him The Slapper. While I thankfully have not seen him in my two reopening trips, I think that I have found his soulmate! The wacky low roller who is such a regular that I could have dubbed her The Barnacle. But she has incorporated a disturbing new twist to her eccentricity. She now knocks on her machine before each hand. It is especially disorienting in an otherwise quiet area. I did hit two quads in a half hour despite her sound effects. The Knocker should nevertheless knock it off.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Oooh, I so much want to post something humorous about knockers - but, I probably shouldn't.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

One of the reasons I cut way back on my vp in Vegas was my inability to get in the zone. I let too many things distract me and it made the time much less fun.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I understand. Now that I know her new mannerism, I know to tune her out. I was already wearing earplugs and ordinary headphones (not noise blockers) and it still got through, which is strange. Maybe hook up my phone and play rain.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Since we don’t want to write it OMT, I will refer you to the scene in my favorite movie, Young Frankensteinwhen Gene wilder knocks on the door of the castle with his assistant. And FAA, I have a new one, rather old one that is back called the smasher. Every minute or so, he hits the glass on the penny machine with his fist. Last year they charged him 4,500 for destroying one, yet he is back betting 400 pennies every pull.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I heard that the charge is often accompanied by a ban. I guess he served his year with Sun Block. Back to get burned again! We sure get stuck with some deranged people.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep! Not counting us of course! For me, in this stress filled world, there is no substitute for vp. Even though it creates its own kind of stress as well.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Oh, my darling
Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me
Mm, twice on the pipe if the answer is no...

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

onemoretry wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:01 am
Oooh, I so much want to post something humorous about knockers - but, I probably shouldn't.
Does anyone younger than BB's even know that fondlingly remembered usage of the word?

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Related to the issue of the thread,playing bar machines can lead to a tendency to,shall we say,forcefully apply the activation stroke. Anyone playing them regularly knows what i mean.