$375K COVID Jackpot

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Re: $375K COVID Jackpot

Post by OTABILL »

Lucky Larry wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:30 pm
Hey Olds,
UConn an others should use Arizona State's approach they test dorm wastewater and found signs of COVID and tested dorm residents and found cases of asymptomatic carriers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... r-testing/
LL. The "poop" testing is at U of A in Tucson, not ASU in Phoenix. I was wondering why it did not show up in my daily local news feeds.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Great idea. I actually wrote my town and got mo response. I suggested testing at several locations before it entered the sewer treatnent plant. Being a long time science buff, I figured it would show up in the waste. Also now that they have finally admitted this thing and fax through airborne as well as just larger droplets which I told everyone I knew from day one it would I need to rethink here and there on safety for cautions. But the government will never tell you everything and many times our own common sense will make more sense than theirs

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sorry about the Siri typos and nonsense. I find if I only let her do one or two words at a time she can do it without too many mistakes.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

OTABILL wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:20 pm
Lucky Larry wrote:
Hey Olds,
UConn an others should use Arizona State's approach they test dorm wastewater and found signs of COVID and tested dorm residents and found cases of asymptomatic carriers.

LL. The "poop" testing is at U of A in Tucson, not ASU in Phoenix. I was wondering why it did not show up in my daily local news feeds.
My mistake, I was doing a quick going through the 9-10 news sources I read each day. I had read weeks before of how public health officials were sampling waste to identify hot spots early. Good move by UA-Tucson.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

So much easier to figure out bacteria. These darn viruses aren’t even alive and can mutate at the drop of a hat. This one needs our cells to multiply. And it change itself to whatever helps it multiply better or faster. I still wonder if this one is from outer space

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Lucky Larry wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:11 pm
OTABILL wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:20 pm
Lucky Larry wrote:
Hey Olds,

My mistake, I was doing a quick going through the 9-10 news sources I read each day. I had read weeks before of how public health officials were sampling waste to identify hot spots early. Good move by UA-Tucson.
I make mistakes like that all the time. I fall back on them being age related. ASU should emulate U of A. Interesting how the story was in the Washington Post and now is popping up in other news sources. One guess as to why is that former Surgeon General Dr Richard Carmona is currently a professor of public health at U of A and heads their Covid 19 campus reentry program.