Return to Coushatta

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Return to Coushatta

Post by Lucky Larry »

Got a text that Coushatta had reopened Thursday after Hurricane Laura instead of the anticipated September 11. Daughter Carrie, Sweet C and I drove over to check on family property and play a few hours. The destruction in Lake Charles area was everything one would expect. In my 7 decades I seen a lot of hurricane damage from almost 5 feet of storm surge in my families house with Carla and areas demolished by winds, but don't recall pine trees pulled up from their roots. Hundreds of thousands of pine trees snapped off and huge live oaks hundreds of years old totally uprooted. For miles the roadways were filled with debris especially sheet metal from car ports, patio covers, and metal buildings. Most amazing were several of the hundred foot tall high power transmission towers bend to the ground or crumpled like match sticks. One stretch of several miles along highway 171 had every power poll snapped at the ground and being replaced. It will be several more weeks for many to receive power due to the massive infrastructure damage and the heat index continues to be 100+ with high humidity. Please keep all our fellow Americans in your thoughts and prayers.

So the VP report. Even with 99% pay tables my play was up and down and down. Sweet C managed a 5Aces good hit on 25¢. Carrie on the other hand made a killing since her favorite machine Multi-strike was back active. Moving from 50¢ to $1 play she was dealt 4 deuces + Ace on the 4X multiplier for a nice $8K hand pay followed by another $1,600 (4D+A) on 2X. All tax free compared to GNLC. I introduced her to our old host who contacted me when she saw we were on site and playing. Debbie was able to set Carrie and hubby Doug up for a Sunday night return since Doug had to work and couldn't come with us. Play on Carrie. Waiting for tonight's pictures. :up:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wow!!! Ll. That report of the storm damage was better than the news. Prayers out to those folks and to the people who have to try and get things back into a semblance of order. I hear you about things being snapped. Back in 1989, a smaller tornado rode along side me on I95 in Branford Ct. It stayed on the edge of the road, but snapped big maple trees in half right alongside the passenger window where the Mrs. sat. Had our Guardian Angels riding with us that day.
As to VP, continues to be very streaky. Last night the Airport Deuces and JOB were ice cold, so I had a lucky bailout and and gas and dinner money plus at the end of the day from one crazy DDS machine. My total play was 7 hours, and 3 on the DDS bonus deuces wild. In that time though, it hit 5 Aces everything dealt of course on DDS, 5 five if a kinds, and 3 Wild Royals. I didn’t take all the pics, but here are a few. Too bad I didn't cash out at the peak of 7,997 quarters. I foolishly believed JOB and airport deuces would come around. They didn’t nor did the other DDS machine I tried. Cashed out 4,150 quarters. Like I said foolish, but I only started with 2,400 quarters. I also earned due to my tier points racking up on 3x, a hundred in free play I will use on our next trip. Discipline a never ending work in progress.
13E908AA-40ED-4B99-BC66-58AB8B045E70.jpeg
Attachments
4BD2D076-48FB-4609-B48B-A08572EAD99B.jpeg
ED5466B0-B541-4AA6-A3E3-B9B740EC541C.jpeg

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sorry LL. I meant to post this on my thread after I talked about the storm. The one about a couple of good hits. Not enough sleep I think. Only been home an hour and traffic was heavy.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Prayers continue for the afflicted folks along the gulf coast. Years ago, I had water damage to my house in Virginia from the remnants of a hurricane. I was well inland and the storm was greatly diminished. I can only imagine how bad it was in and around Lake Charles.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:50 am
Sorry LL. I meant to post this on my thread after I talked about the storm. The one about a couple of good hits. Not enough sleep I think. Only been home an hour and traffic was heavy.
No offense taken. Saved me changing threads. :lol:

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

how is it all taxed free? wizard of odds on youtube says any jackpot 1200 or higher is reportable and taxable so winning 1200 and losing 1200 in year is a losing game since you have to pay taxes on it regardless if you lost or won

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:42 am
how is it all taxed free? wizard of odds on youtube says any jackpot 1200 or higher is reportable and taxable so winning 1200 and losing 1200 in year is a losing game since you have to pay taxes on it regardless if you lost or won
You're right. But I think LL was referring the the Louisiana state tax which withhold 6% of all W2G amounts. (You can get some or all of that back by filing a Louisiana state tax return at the end of the year. It's a hassle to do this, and possibly not worth it if you only have a few of them in that state.)

The Federal tax would remain the same.

Was LL incorrect in calling this tax free? Yes, technically. But I understood what he meant and I suspect many others did as well.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just so we don’t all get in trouble with the feds, technically all gross gambling winnings are taxable. We can only write them off if we itemize our deductions. That was a huge blow to me when the tax law changed in 2018.The change being The standard deduction was doubled. And a $10,000 cap Was put on state and local deductions when you itemize your deductions. The bottom line is if I continue to get the same number of W2G’s as I have in the past few years, the tax law change costs me an easy 4000 bucks extra a year just in federal income tax. If you live in a high tax state like I do, Connecticut and have a medium size income, you can kiss 7% of your W2G goodbye. There is no right off ability at all like there is for federal income tax. I am sure what Bob posted what Lucky Larry is talking about. One more thing both lucky Larry and I have talked about before if those W2G’s moun up enough, They can double your Medicare part B premiums.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

That's why when we played bingo, a level two solo win paid $1199.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I’ve seen that $1,199 number quite a bit. Might as well strive to maximize the net win in your customer’s pocket!