Nitwit Novice

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Nitwit Novice

Post by FAA »

This story. Pretty sure I won’t run into that guy again, unless he hit a RF after I left. But it was hilarious while it lasted. Given your reaction, I guess you really had to be there!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Yes, I guess I had to be there.

See, I CAN agree with you on something.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Over the years, I've observed many, many, curious video poker plays. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen strange holds such as those described in FAAs original post.

As well, there are all the times when I've watched players who can't seem to decide if they want to play one credit, or two, or four, or, sometimes full coin, or whatever. I would hesitate to call them nitwit novices, though, since they might have some secret well thought out plan.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Conserving a limited budget is much different than butchering hands during play. Try again.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

FAA wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 am
Conserving a limited budget is much different than butchering hands during play. Try again.
Is it ? Which cost more? Holding an offsuit AK or hitting a Royal while betting a single coin.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yes, they’re both truly horrible outcomes. I was so angry at myself for hitting a single coin quad last session. My next two quads were max, so I had forgotten it until now. I must be more aggressive.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:20 pm
About 30 years ago a good friend of mine had a small boutique type clothing store. Pretty high-end and in a ritzy area. When I would go visit him, I would walk over to something really nice and I would hold it up talking to myself knowing there were a couple of other women shopping nearby. I would say something like oh this is really nice and it is so well-made she is really going to like this. Then I will drape it over my arm and walk up to the counter as if I was going to pay for it. More often than not the other women shopping or at least one of them would pick up the same garment and their size and take it up to the register and buy it. Just goes to show the crazy things that can convince people to do something.
"....a couple of OTHER women....". Damn i knew better than that,but you had me for a second. :D