FYI: Delayed La Tax Refunds

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

FYI: Delayed La Tax Refunds

Post by Lucky Larry »

We've been waiting for our out-of-state La. refund as are many we know. We've found out La. in an attempt to reduce Tax Return Fraud implemented a new income tax security program which along with the impacts of Covid-19 and the hurricanes has significantly delay tax returns.

Typically, tax returns come back within 30-45 days. It appears many more tax returns are being reviewed/audited under the new security system. This normally delays returns another 90 days. Currently, several people we know including our own family members are now going on 8 months even though we use electronic deposit.

If you're waiting for your return you can check on these contacts from the La Department of Revenue.

How can I check to see if my individual income tax return has been processed and when my refund will be issued?

The department has responded to increasing occurrences of tax fraud by implementing enhanced security measures to protect Louisiana taxpayers. This means it will take additional time to process refunds. The expected refund processing time for returns filed electronically is up to 45 days. For paper returns, taxpayers should expect to wait as long as 14 weeks. If you selected direct deposit for your refund, the funds should be deposited within one week of processing.

Once you have filed, you can check the status of your refund using the following methods:

Visit “Where’s My Refund?” at www.revenue.louisiana.gov/refund
Submit an Individual Refund Status email inquiry
Call 888-829-3071

* A hint: You will need to know your exact amount of refund to log in.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sounds very similar to the Fed where’s my refund? Need the exact amount there too

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

LL, thanks for bringing this up. I vaguely recall receiving ours. Upon, double checking we did receive ours. In fact we received it almost immediately after filing tax return. We do a long form tax return that looks like a Sears catalog by the time our accountant gets through with it. One of the forms our accountant files is to the State of Louisiana for partial state income tax refund. Good luck. Hope yours arrives soon.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I still do a paper return. Still prefer it. I guess some day I won’t have a choice, but till then.......