Heading up tonight

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Re: Heading up tonight

Post by Come Back Kid »

Wtg Olds!!!! Congrats...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks for the congrats. One thing I am going to have to change is to make the Martingale Clone increased bets less steep. Right now, I will still use tge assigned space formula, but I think I need to assign a space amount of double my bet amount so the increase doesn’t get so steep. For instance, if I am at bet 8, I will assign 16 spaces. If I was at say space 14 of that and get a full house I would subtract 9 from 14 and that would leave me at space 5. Bet 8. I know confusing. But my prior was definitely too steep in a bad cycle of losing hands

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

What? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! At least wait and see if things cool off.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Keep on rolling Olds and keep those royals coming.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The other night, when I hit the Royal at bet 9, I didn’t pack it in like I should have. It was very early in the session. As the night progressed, everything was cold and in no time my bets gt up to 25 qarters, then deep into halves and even dolars. Before I knew it, I was only up 400 bucks and quit. JOB was the worse having gone quadless for hours. Then on Deuces wild no deuces and only one wild Royal. The last hour I settled into the less steep method and after 2 hours on Deuces wid, I stil had my hundred I put in. I really don’t want t give back the recent winnings even if my game stays in the 5-10 quarter range betting wise. Heading up again just myself after dinner tomorrow for some late night play. I am going to use the less steep method. Will see how it goes. Will probably just split the play with JOB and Deuces. Variance just too high on Joker Kings. Too bad cause I really like that game. The numbers of quads dwarf JOB. Even though 17 for 1 instead of 25, it is fun to hit them as well as the straigt flushes and occasional wild Royals and five of a kind. Also the Royal pays 940 for one instead of 800. Even if you short coin it, its 400 instead of 250 for one. I am chomping at the bit for them to turn on my beloved 800 for bet one spin poker dollar machine. They won’t though as long as Covid is with us. It happens to be in the every other one shut off category.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Wouldn’t the golden goose be in their Off pattern batch! My whole problem is that I don’t RF or quad early in the session. It’s after losses have me reeling in panic and I pull back from max. I figure I’ll just settle for the pro rata quad. That’s acceptable. Tragedy is the surprise RF.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That was my first early hit in many months. Odd that in the beginning of the post, I predicted it and even thought my 4 jack quad on the second hand of the night was it. Little did I know, 5 minutes later, a 1800 hit would appear. I should immediately send myself in time back to the Mass Bay colony in the 1600s for a stay in the stocks ( no pun intended ) or at worst public flogging. Funny how I mentioned stocks. Not the sane ones we watch every day. Lit a match to 1200 bucks in about 4 hours.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

On my way up now. Will be playing my toned down quarter level Clone. Will post later how things are going

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Most of us have to set it aflame before a fraction of it is recouped. I've had such an emotional roller coaster with VP upon my return. The RF, shorted as it was, has given me some renewed hope.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Tried JOB but at one quad in 4 hours, it just isn’t going to cut it. Taking a break now. Not sure what I will try in a bit. Not too busy. All protocols good. Lots of cleaning and sanitizing people doing a nice job. Of course the one quad had to be dealt 4 ACES with a 4. I wouldn’t expect anything different while playing JOB.