Js's nice hits 'n stuff

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Jstark
Video Poker Master

Re: Js's nice hits 'n stuff

Post by Jstark »

wildman49 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:46 am
dinghy wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:04 am
wildman49 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:23 pm
I know it's normal, I am not saying rigged, just frustrated when your in the hole and can't pull a nice hit to salvage the day.
That's nice, but you've asserted in multiple threads that the machines don't deal a fair game. In such circumstances, do the 97.5% games pay better than the 99.5s?
This is the first year I have played a bunch of muti hand games, short term anything can happen and I am well above 100% on muti games but thats short term. In the long term 97 is 97.

The fair deal part I am talking about is single line. I have records going back 12 years on single line. Played 50-60 thousand hands month after month. Never in one of them 12 years have I been above 99% playing 9/6 JOB. Many of them years I have been over royaled by many. It's not royals its the other hands one needs for the 99.5% to work, they just don't come in.

This is getting away from J's stuff so sorry about that J
No worries. I don't mind.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

wildman49 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:46 am
I have records going back 12 years on single line. Played 50-60 thousand hands month after month. Never in one of them 12 years have I been above 99% playing 9/6 JOB. Many of them years I have been over royaled by many. It's not royals its the other hands one needs for the 99.5% to work, they just don't come in.
Those are some filthy results.

Rigged games are somewhat of a catch-22 for me because if I suspect cheating, I'll usually move on to something else rather than continuing to collect data. Here in Nevada I can't recall having any credible doubts about video poker. I've had inklings of concern about electronic table games.

I know J plays slots, but that's a different animal. Slots are designed to be deceptive and mess with your head. They're still beatable under the right circumstances.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I play both, but lately slots are much more "fun", if you catch my drift. 8-)

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Jstark wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:11 pm
I play both, but lately slots are much more "fun", if you catch my drift. 8-)
I enjoy seeing your hits. I have only been playing more multi hand this year for the fun factor.

To me the pay table in meaningless on a short term basis. If your sitting down for a few hours anything can happen. It only means something if your going 5 days a week for 6 hours a trip then one needs to play the best. Many on this site dwell on pay tables to much, most on here are just avg. Joe players so it should not mean much but helping someone understand to play better pay tables is a good thing

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

wildman49 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:39 pm
To me the pay table in meaningless on a short term basis. If your sitting down for a few hours anything can happen. It only means something if your going 5 days a week for 6 hours a trip then one needs to play the best.
Ha ha ha, good one! 8-) I thought you were serious for a minute.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

This has been discussed a few times, but every once in a while on Dream Card Poker, when dealt a DC, it'll sometimes give you a DC that is not the best option. In my case last night while clowning around a bit at Firekeepers, I was dealt Qd, 5s, 4d, Kd, and Ad as the DC. This is on the 10/8/6/3 JoB version which is 97.3340% return according to WoO. Mike on his DC page shows another poor DC example but uses a lower pay table. In any case, the best DC here should either be another Queen, King, or the Jack of Diamonds. Being that the FH pays 50 credits and the flush 40 credits, I'm guessing I should have changed the DC to a King or a Queen. Also with the Flush paying 40, would it have been correct to just hold 4 to a flush over KQJ suited? Anyway, that didn't even cross my mind at the time but knew damn well that changing that DC Ace of Diamonds to the Jack of Diamonds was much better as I could at least catch a Straight Flush. So that's what I did and lucked out with a royal on hand #8.
20221205_005630.jpg

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Jstark wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:46 am
Also with the Flush paying 40, would it have been correct to just hold 4 to a flush over KQJ suited?
This is what I get:

The flush draw is optimal at 1.72 value, which means dream cards A & J are equivalent in value. So if I understand correctly, we can't say the game is wrong to suggest the A.

The high pair hold (with either Q or K dream card) is only 1.66.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

dinghy wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 am
Jstark wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:46 am
Also with the Flush paying 40, would it have been correct to just hold 4 to a flush over KQJ suited?
This is what I get:

The flush draw is optimal at 1.72 value, which means dream cards A & J are equivalent in value. So if I understand correctly, we can't say the game is wrong to suggest the A.

The high pair hold (with either Q or K dream card) is only 1.66.
I figured as much after thinking of it a bit because in standard games where flushes pay 35, you do hold a 4 flush over 3 to a royal. Oh well... I rarely play this silly game to begin with so I won't sweat it much.

Also I mistakenly called it 10/8/6/3. Should be 10/8/6/4.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Also, since you hold the 4 flush, I suppose it doesn't matter whether the DC is the Ace or J of Diamonds either.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Jstark wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:38 am
Also I mistakenly called it 10/8/6/3. Should be 10/8/6/4.
Yes, it doesn't show on my screenshot, but I did input 4 for the trips pay.