Royalless June

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
wildman49
Video Poker Master

Royalless June

Post by wildman49 »

Well TED so much for the new nickname, now it's royallessman after being shout out in June. So stuck on 10 royals and holding for the year.

Only played 6 sessions all month, every one a BIG loser :down: . Getting gun shy to play, anyone ever been there?

Machines tight as I have ever seen. :x Guess that's poker. Hoping July is a much better month.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I think its safe to say, we have all been there ! Wildman .

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wildman, we were neck and neck this year on Royals. Usually, when you hit one, I would too about the same time. I hit one today, this early afternoon. Hope it rubs off.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

If it’s any consolation, you are nine ahead of me. I’m usually a weekly donor.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I find when I go a long time without a royal I will often get a couple close together. I actually notice 4 of a kind can disappear for an unbelievable long time and that is when the bankroll takes its biggest hits.

All part of the game (so they say)

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes. I just cannot play 9/6 JOB with the clone. Combine the quadless days with long stretches between full houses and I’m finished. I can almost always wait out regular airport deuces wild. The wild royals, five of a kinds, and straight flushes keep me in the game. There are also lots of pushes. At day end, I won’t be ahead without quad deuces or a royal, but I won’t bust either like I will on JOB with the above scenario. Also the 4 for one quads on deuces wild keep the losses in check most sessions.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

wildman49 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:26 pm

Getting gun shy to play, anyone ever been there?
Royal-less since last July. Consecutive losing sessions now at 12. Got up a thousand in the first 10 minutes, but 10X promotion hadn't even started. Managed 2600+ TC but so what?

Gun shy? Not at all. If I get to 15 losers I may be though, since then I will have to make serious adjustments.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I did not even bother pounding out a grind on the 10X RC day at my Caesars. Sure, it’s generous if that’s a priority. Did it also start at noon for you? It’s just not worth the highly probable ensuing bust. I thought that Olds’ recent seven straight losers was alarming!

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

The noon-4 was Sunday. I went for the 5-9 on Friday. It enabled me to play at positive EV so it was the right move, just didn't catch the hands. So many opportunities to convert made it all the more disappointing. The ongoing dry spell is a test of perseverance. At this point I would have to have extraordinary luck to recoup. Que sera sera...

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Okay. They really served that promo up on a platter then. It is great that you cranked out that many TCs. I guess that's what happens when you play big. I remember being served up four to the RF at Borgata on my Saturday side trip and momentarily dreaming of a nice $2,000 conversion. You probably had ten major conversion opportunities. But 10X anything usually means at least triple the normal loss, which is bad enough. Where do you play again?