Unusual Card Patterns

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Unusual Card Patterns

Post by FAA »

Today I hit a Royal 👑 Flush. As I sought to document this miracle, I noticed something quite unusual after two minutes. The pattern on four of the cards had morphed!
Attachments
EA596AB9-2D5C-4A19-9AD9-4958B54F44D2.jpeg
F8B061AC-B2FC-461A-BCA9-6D4BC73961FA.jpeg

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

You didnt know the A, K, Q, and J have animations while in an idle game state in between hands?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Jstark wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:29 pm
You didnt know the A, K, Q, and J have animations while in an idle game state in between hands?
He probably doesn't see them in this configuration too often to notice.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I either hit and run or walk away in a stupor. I’m not noticing the screen between hands, even on the rare occasions when I do take a breather. I guess that they want to make the chip earn its keep and busy as a bee. A bit much. Slot junkies must be swimming in images.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I can’t remember ever noticing that either, but I usually don’t leave anything on the screen too long

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

If a hard core marathon player like you is oblivious, that cements my point. At your pace, you sure do not dally.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Hey, congrats, sorry the progressive was so low. Did someone hit it just before you did?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Hey, congrats, sorry the progressive was so low. Did someone hit it just before you did?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you. So low that I almost blew off grinding away on the second machine. I just wanted to net $50 and split for Borgata! I figure that it was hit around 8 AM Saturday morning. It couldn't have been too busy until the afternoon. Glad that I blew off my usual coffee routine upon arrival.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Who cares if the progressive is low. Beats a non-progressive and certainly not getting an RF in the first place.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

OTABILL wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:41 pm
Who cares if the progressive is low. Beats a non-progressive and certainly not getting an RF in the first place.
I'm someone who cares a lot about such things. Yes 9/6 Jacks, even without a progressive, is higher than most of you play, but at this level it would have been too low to play intelligently.

While it's been years since I was at the Borgata and things may have changed, the number of slot points you get per play is determined by the theoretical of the machine. 9/6 Jacks without a progressive gives you more points than 9/6 Jacks with a progressive. Here you're getting fewer points without the benefit. (If this is no longer true at the Borgata, someone please correct me.) Your mailers and comps are determined by theoretical. This stuff is important!

If FAA was merely playing off free play, though, it may have been the correct play. At most places you earn zero slot club points playing off free play (South Point is an exception to this), and if you're not going to be getting any points anyway, $1000.16 every 40,000 hands is infinitesimally better than $1000 for the same amount of play.

Insofar as the changing patterns go, I play for larger stakes and have experienced machines locking up with one or more picture cards (or aces) on them multiple thousands of times. Different games (Royal Hunt Poker comes to mind) have different such patterns during lockups.