your favorite video poker memory?

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master
Posts: 7193
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:29 am

Re: your favorite video poker memory?

Post by Tedlark »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:32 pm
I think people get confused because odds are used to compute probability.

What are the odds and probability that this thread will migrate back to discussing our favorite video poker memory?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 am

Post by advantage playe »

FAA wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:10 am
If only he could pursue this lofty goal at MS! :lol:
That remains to be seen ! Good point !!

stevel96a1
VP Veteran
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 am

Post by stevel96a1 »

video poker was my least interest,my wife got me into it cause she thinks i will be spotted as counter, i was going towards BJ in atlantic city, to be fair i recall winning at the bj table 70$ there 90 over there and i think another 65, on my birthday on 2016 i lost over 600 bucks at card counting ac rules, fast forward to 2019 ac resorts on my birthday landed 4 ducks on .5 followed by the Royal won over 1250+$.

Jstark
Video Poker Master
Posts: 1133
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Post by Jstark »

Quisper wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 am
The achievement is not singular. The base of the equation is two royals in a row. The math question is not: I have a royal in hand so what are the odds of another? The math questions is: What are the odds of back to back royals. Advantage Player is correct.
You walk up to a double zero roulette table. Nothing has been spun yet. What are the odds of 35 coming up twice in a row on the very next two spins? 38 x 38 = 1,444. So the answer there is 1 in 1,444. But now we walk up to that same table and 35 was just spun. What are the odds of it coming up on the NEXT SPIN? *drum roll* 1 in 38! Sorry but I'm right, you're wrong.

stevel96a1
VP Veteran
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 am

Post by stevel96a1 »

Jstark wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:30 pm
Quisper wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 am
The achievement is not singular. The base of the equation is two royals in a row. The math question is not: I have a royal in hand so what are the odds of another? The math questions is: What are the odds of back to back royals. Advantage Player is correct.
You walk up to a double zero roulette table. Nothing has been spun yet. What are the odds of 35 coming up twice in a row on the very next two spins? 38 x 38 = 1,444. So the answer there is 1 in 1,444. But now we walk up to that same table and 35 was just spun. What are the odds of it coming up on the NEXT SPIN? *drum roll* 1 in 38! Sorry but I'm right, you're wrong.
i think its always 1/40k regardless of number of royals previous. i may need to add up how often a royal back to back occurs and divide from there however the math of the game erodes as reality show you are closer to the royal flush than before 1square to 300k square an honest poker machine should stumble upon a RF even though i thik Old claimed to play 600k hands and no royal id love to verify his play and confirm the number of his hands if thats true than 1 to 600k hand should do it!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Carcounter »

advantage playe wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 pm
FAA wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:10 am
If only he could pursue this lofty goal at MS! :lol:
That remains to be seen ! Good point !!
Back to favorite memories it is. Years ago, I went down to Ac on a Friday afternoon with a limited $ 400 budget. Went to Ballys to play the quarter Bonus Poker Triple play progressive. After 20 minutes, hit a $1,180 royal on the middle line. Now had a budget to play $1.00 9/6 JOB at Borgata so got in the car and went over. After another 30 minutes, yep, a $ 4,000 royal. Had about $200 in credits left and figured take a shot at $1.00 DDB. Dealt 4 aces and ten, toss the ten and get dealt a 4-another $2,000. Still only 3 O'clock so I play on and hit the aces again w/o the kicker for another $ 800. Ended the afternoon up approx $8,000 after going down with $ 400 bucks. Best afternoon, even though I had hit 3 8k top line royals previously on 9/6 JOB multi strikes at Borgata. It was the frequency of the hits that afternoon.

stevel96a1
VP Veteran
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 am

Post by stevel96a1 »

Carcounter wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:43 am
advantage playe wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 pm
FAA wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:10 am
If only he could pursue this lofty goal at MS! :lol:
That remains to be seen ! Good point !!
Back to favorite memories it is. Years ago, I went down to Ac on a Friday afternoon with a limited $ 400 budget. Went to Ballys to play the quarter Bonus Poker Triple play progressive. After 20 minutes, hit a $1,180 royal on the middle line. Now had a budget to play $1.00 9/6 JOB at Borgata so got in the car and went over. After another 30 minutes, yep, a $ 4,000 royal. Had about $200 in credits left and figured take a shot at $1.00 DDB. Dealt 4 aces and ten, toss the ten and get dealt a 4-another $2,000. Still only 3 O'clock so I play on and hit the aces again w/o the kicker for another $ 800. Ended the afternoon up approx $8,000 after going down with $ 400 bucks. Best afternoon, even though I had hit 3 8k top line royals previously on 9/6 JOB multi strikes at Borgata. It was the frequency of the hits that afternoon.
you went in with 400$ roll and left with 8k? now that makes me want to leave today for the casinos instead of tomorrow!
400$ seems weak were you just starting your gambling career? ive learned 500$ is the bare bones atleast my games at vp if i am going to do something wrong atleast i should do it right, having a fighting chance and getting comped correctly hours spent is best way to go, my dads friend said go in with a 100$ and all you lose is an 100$ thats correct but again still need that fighting chance!

FAA
Video Poker Master
Posts: 7011
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:58 am

Post by FAA »

AC Friday afternoon with a limited $400 budget. Ballys quarter Bonus Poker Triple play progressive. After 20 minutes, hit a $1,180 royal. Now had a budget to play $1 9/6 JOB at Borgata. After another 30 minutes, a $4,000 royal. $200 in credits left and figured take a shot at $1.00 DDB. Dealt 4 aces and ten, toss the ten and dealt a 4-another $2,000. 3 PM so I play on and hit the aces again w/o kicker for $800. Ended up $8,000. Best afternoon, even though I had hit 3 $8k top line royals previously on 9/6 JOB multi strikes at Borgata. It was the frequency of the hits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$400 seems weak; just starting? $500 bare bones at least, having a fighting chance and getting comped correctly hours spent is best way, my dad's friend said $100 and all you lose is $100!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very entertaining, Car. It makes me second guess scuttling a Borgata trip after last month's early Caesars RF. I may have left $7,000 behind in town! $400 is a bit weak for quarter triple play. That's about what I have for a quarter and fifty cent single line trip. But it's what your risk tolerance is and accept those results. If the friend has $100 loss limit, that's it. We all have different bottom lines.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master
Posts: 6766
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Post by olds442jetaway »

Getting back to one of the above posts, I believe the day I won 36,000 bucks I only had a 400-500 budget. After the first hit, I did switch to dollars though. Then caught the other 18,000 on a dollar machine. I would to forget the two sequences of over 600,000 hands without Royals, but they ane burned into memory. In fact, I am on the coldest streak currently in quite some time. In fact, I am very close again to 100,000 hands without a Royal. I have been playing quite a bit of 9 line spin poker. Haven't hit a Royal on any line since my one single line game on 8/13. The quad deuces and 5 of a kinds on joker kings are way behind too.

TripleTriple
Senior Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by TripleTriple »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:32 pm
I think people get confused because odds are used to compute probability.
No. Probability is fundamental. It is the chance- for lack of better word (without using probability) that a certain outcome will occur. In statistical parlance, it is expressed as a fraction x/y, x = certain outcome, y = all possible outcomes, or more often converted to a decimal from 0 to 1- Zero being absolutely no chance of occurring and 1 being absolute certainty of occurring.

Odds- TRUE odds that is, is simply another way to express the probability, converting the decimal (or fraction) into a ratio: e.g. probability of 1/4 equals 3:1. They are the EXACT SAME thing expressed in different terms. Odds are usually expressed as number of undesired results relative to a desired result.

Odds offered by bookmakers are, of course, not true odds in order for the house to make profit.

Anyone who wagers money should be clear about the difference in true odds and offered odds and the house % derived from the difference.

Post Reply