Lack of Video Poker activity, or what?

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Quisper
Forum Rookie

Lack of Video Poker activity, or what?

Post by Quisper »

I was a member of VP.com years ago. Back then it seemed like almost every day there was a photo of someone's jackpot and an account of how they got it. I would say between 5 and 10 times per week.

Now it seems like it is rare for that to happen. A couple of times per month.

My question is, are people playing VP less? Or are they playing VP the same amount but winning less often? Or are people simply not posting their jackpots like they did in the past years?

What is your opinion?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

My opinion is that I am playing less.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

It might be the season. I got plenty of gardening and yardwork to do. Not to mention the Ground hogs that eat more garden than we do. I poke a flair down their hole after dark. then as soon as it stops burning, I put a bag of concrete mix down the hole and water them.

Since I retired the business 2 years ago, I'm playing more, AND have a bigger garden.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think it is a combination of things. I am playing maybe 25 percent less. Covid is also a big factor. Masks are back on with many patrons including myself. The machines just seem tighter. I know that is impossible in a fair game, but that’s what it feels like. VP machines have been yanked out and pay tables lowered.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Playing less here, will be playing even less, bit of bad news gang, I had a stroke Sept. 10, bleed in the brain due to blood pressure spike, did 7 days in ICU, 7 days in rehab, home now with rehab 2 a week in home, still only 70% on the left side, Dr says I should make full recovery over the next 4 months good news, am hoping he is right.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Good luck wildman. Praying for your full recovery.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Seconded. That is always scary but things could have gone a lot worse. Glad to hear you are moving the right direction and that you're back home.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i'm so sorry to hear this news wildman,i'm sure you'll be as good as new in the next few months. i'll keep you in my prayers.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

wildman49 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:27 pm
Playing less here, will be playing even less, bit of bad news gang, I had a stroke Sept. 10, bleed in the brain due to blood pressure spike, did 7 days in ICU, 7 days in rehab, home now with rehab 2 a week in home, still only 70% on the left side, Dr says I should make full recovery over the next 4 months good news, am hoping he is right.
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Hope your Dr is right.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

So sorry to hear this Wildman...I will keep you in my prayers.