Not My Day

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Not My Day

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:30 am
I play for a legitimate hand pay, but often get frustrated with the results and scale back, sabotaging its very achievement. It’s a struggle. Must minimize or outright eliminate quarter to derive actual value from the damn trips. Full play dollar as long as possible if at Caesars, at halves at Borgata.
There are a couple things you need to modify that would put you in better position to accomplish what you seek. You need to increase your bankroll and this would most likely mean not going so often and having a bankroll that you wouldn't be playing scared with when you do go.

I wish you the best with your play, as I always have.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I did increase BR as I’m sure you noted, which made the trips exponentially more exciting. That was a big paradigm shift in itself. Obviously it’s still paltry for single line dollar. I’ve tried to make do with predictably subpar results. I could halve frequency, but enjoy the weekly challenge.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

FAA, if you are not playing full play, then play nickels. Someone who plays 1 credit on a dollar machine ain't here for the money. So if you are just playing for amusement, either play nickels short hand or get your wife (or girlfriend) to amuse you.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Bet one is a last resort option. I used it twice on the trip, enough to get burned. Glad it wasn’t for the big one. Congrats on your superior temperament.