High Roller

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: High Roller

Post by dinghy »

I find these discussions informative because people think differently than I do.

I walk past a nearly full blackjack table with a round in progress. I see mostly middle cards, no aces, no paint. I'll consider sitting because I can predict favorable cards upcoming.

Dealer calls "Shuffle!" Now my information is no longer useful, so I move on.

Video poker is the latter, because the dealer shuffles after every round. Therefore I don't make any decisions based on prior results. I don't: change machines, raise/lower my bet, alter my strategy, etc.

I simply try to play accurately, at a fast pace. Not complicated. But away from the machine, I do a lot of work to ensure I'm playing with an edge. I pay careful attention to slot club promos and benefits, and I regularly scout for new opportunities.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Prior results also useless on craps and roulette. Independent rolls and spins. The old coin flip analogy. Still kicking myself after blowing off onerous CET promo. I am pretty bearish for a weekly player. I do think that each machine ultimately exceeds the state gaming commission's minimum. They'd lose too much volume if it was just the bare minimum. Still experimenting on when the optimal playing time is.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:18 pm
I do think that each machine ultimately exceeds the state gaming commission's minimum. They'd lose too much volume if it was just the bare minimum.
I play mostly in Nevada, which allows as low as 75%:

But video poker games must deal fairly from the card deck:

A 75% "fair" vp game would require drastic pay table reductions. Alternatively, operators could cheat on the fairness -- which I presume would be difficult, risky and unlikely.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

75% slots is brutal. Yes, everything is above board. It’s just a matter of when in the time window the designated table result is ultimately amassed and achieved.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:20 pm
75% slots is brutal.
I think New Jersey is 83. I don't know of any actual 75% installations, but I've heard some of the newer slots have configurable ranges running as low as 84 or 85.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, 83. High Roller Live today. It’s a great show. Bet $200, hit $1,800 full house. Carpe diem!
Attachments
9D4AFF09-4308-43D5-81D8-56600C1C2DC2.jpeg

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

The way you framed the pic, I thought I was watching Hair Roller Live. :D

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

LMAO! I had to be discreet. She should have short coined all the way FAA style to evade the W2. It was barely worth the hassle.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:10 pm
She should have short coined all the way FAA style to evade the W2.
Ain't that the truth. Same session, you were at the dollars going for the gusto. We're this far away from dogs and cats living together. :wacko:

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

I want one of those lapel spy cameras. They only cost $20 or so, but would probably get me into trouble. Like, I wouldn't want to accidentally record myself stealing grapes.