10+10 Dealt Royals

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Re: 10+10 Dealt Royals

Post by Lucky Larry »

OK, my first exposure was as a on-campus work student typing/punching cards under a stairwell to run on the university computer in '71 for the education college. But, being an Apple worshipper, my computer initiation was on an old Apple 2e and my first personal computer was an Apple Iic. Loved that Iic as much as my '64 Corvair. My word processing was "Bank Street Writer", then AppleWorks was the first comprehensive package. Been with Apple/Mac since. Heck, Sweet C and I programmed the school district's first Apple server, located in my campus bookroom, straight out of the box with no prior experience. She never took a computer course but went to workshops, read manuals and was a natural. She became the school district's Apple LAN coordinator and controlled around 1,500 computers and file servers from her desk with one mac tech. That was compared to 3 IBM LAN managers with 5 techs for another 2,000 DOS based machines. The benefit of Apple's closed architecture and parts control.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wow! Great story! My best friend had a 64 Corvair Spyder. That little car could go. It was turbocharged. We went all over in it as it was a Convertible. We had to remember though and I’m sure you may also to bring a quart or two of oil with you on a trip because they were notorious for leaking oil from various seals. Great car though and my friend Mark never had any major trouble with it At the time, I had my grandfather’s big and fast 61 Plymouth Fury. Back then our wallets were very thin, so more often than not, we took Mark’s Corvair on our adventures and left my gas hog at home. Even at an average of 29.9 cents a gallon, if we took my car, we would run out of money and not have anything left for a hot dog and fries at the local drive in.

valden

Post by valden »

Over a 15 year period I have had 9 dealt to me. Mostly after the throw away. I just had one dealt to me at the Hard Rock Tampa in Jan. For 4 grand.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

olds,

First, sorry about the UConn loss last night in the Women's NCAA. SC was an incredbily strong team. Great rebounders and good shooters. Reminded me a lot of my UH Coogs this year who have been in the tops of the nation in rebounding for the last few years. Unfortunately, this year we had to do it because we lost our two best shooters early on and rebuilt the team around you're old Husky Josh Carlton.

I saw an old 64 like mine 10-12 years ago at a mechanic's down the street from our house and I almost went in an offered the old mechanic whatever he wanted. Gosh darn, I loved that thing. Some great high school and early college memories made with that blue baby.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

valden wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:51 pm
Over a 15 year period I have had 9 dealt to me. Mostly after the throw away. I just had one dealt to me at the Hard Rock Tampa in Jan. For 4 grand.
I haven't tracked how many were hit on the redraw for Sweet C and me. These were all the first deal and are always a surprise when they are the original deal.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

There is a deal. And there is a draw. That's it. That's all. There is nothing else.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

LL…Will one of these do? They are advertised all over the internet if you really want one. Hemmings Motor news is a good source too.
94576F5B-F532-467F-A8B7-E165EFD8A2D1.jpeg
I just took a peek on line. Nice ones are going for anywhere from 5k-20k depending on the quality and type. Spyders of course at the higher end.
Attachments
D1B52EEA-33E5-4EB4-B4D5-D19BF02F71AE.jpeg

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

My corvair was a little deeper blue. Ain't got room for it now. I still have my F150, runs like a gem even after almost 22 years. It takes up my side driveway. Bought this one after I sold my last one to my youngest daughter's boyfriend. I bought it a few months before she was born and sold it to him a month before they graduated from high school.

LL

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

LL I will start by saying I am on a real run of great dealt hands. The closest in the last month to the thread was a Royal redraw. Going on 6 million hands now without a dealt one. A tad more than the usual 693,000 or so average.
My first new vehicle was a beautiful Royal Maroon 73 F100 short-bed pickup. It was during the gas crisis. I ordered it anyway. Sticker was 3,450. I paid 2,750. 302 V8, 3 on the tree, traction lock, manual steering. I loved this truck. The salt on winter roads up here ate away the floors and cab mounts over the years. I had it restored in the late 80s. Some good o’l boys knocked on my door one day in the 90s and begged me to sell it to them. They had just moved up here from the Houston area and were working construction. I had converted it to dual exhaust and it needed another new one. It had 169,000 miles on it snd ran like new. Even the clutch was smooth and original. I needed room as well in my driveway and sold it to them for 750 bucks. They were thrilled to get it Still miss it to this day.

nomadgurl
Forum Regular

Post by nomadgurl »

I got 2 royals in the month of march alone.