5/23 Quick Celebration

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

5/23 Quick Celebration

Post by Lucky Larry »

Monday, I got a clean bill of health from the cardiologist. Parted with, "I hope to see a lot less of you next year!" Covid 15 still hanging on....
So on our way to our favorite Mexican restaurant, we get a phone call asking us to babysit grandkids for the Memorial Day weekend. We look at each other and immediately abort the fajitas and I call Golden Nugget for a suite for the night. We are both packed and ready within our usual 30 minutes. Limited bankrolls due to upcoming trip to Missouri to see family member who is turning 97. Last surviving member of the family up there. Get to GN and head down with $300 bank roll for the night. Our last 3-4 trips have been disasters. Especially disappointing that we've not hit any royals. Start of play and I can't seem to be dealt two cards of the same color much less suit. Play through our bankroll and go to our free play and cash our almost $500 on a hot quarter slot machine which we split. Refinanced, I move to 100 play on 10¢ denomination. Catch a couple nice hands and them dealt 4 RF. Caught one on the last hand. Now I'm got some bankroll.
10¢ RF.jpg
We finally get our dinner notice and go get a nice dinner. The fun really begins about an hour after dinner.
First, quad deuces on 50¢
50¢ Deuces.jpg
Then this Royal.
$2K RF.jpg
Then this Royal:
25¢ RF.jpg
Then Aces/Kicker:
AcesK.jpg
Ended up being a nice night after all. With the severe weather coming in we stayed over Tuesday to "Shelter in Place" and headed home Wednesday.

Oh, by the way the fajitas were great on our way home Wednesday.

So, 2 for Friday and Saturday night and now 4 on Sunday night for the sleepovers. Plus somehow a trip to the cemetery to honor my mom who died over Memorial Day weekend several years ago.

Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend everyone.

And, say an extra prayer for our Uvalde, Texas parents and families who will never forget this week's tragedy. And, for the now 311,000 student who have to had experience gun violence while at school since Columbine.

LL and Sweet C

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Nice run LL them losing trip fade away with hits like that!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Nice hits LL and Sweet c . brings up the serotonin and dopamine levels ! GOD put them there for good reason !!!

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Nice hits Larry! Happy to hear about your clean bill of health too!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Bankroll replenished - check.

Congrats to both of you.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Very nice most importantly prayers continuing. And glad to hear about your clean bill of health. The hits were really nice. Keep them coming. Hard for the Mrs. to keep a dry with everything going on. Sandy Hook was a first grade and that was her grade level as well. She told me in great detail today all of the precautions they took in their school rehearsals drills etc. I don’t want to Monday morning quarterback anyone but it looks like there were a couple of protocols not followed at the school. Just such a tragedy and pure evil in this world not only in the states but overseas