Not my day

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Not my day

Post by TripleTriple »

Finally made my first trip of 2022 at the end of May.

Took advantage of the 10X rewards at Harrah's. This meant I would be 100.2+ % EV. Traffic around Philly was really bad, took me 2 1/2 hours and I left from work outside of "Filth n' smellphia". Normally 1 1/2 hours from home 45 minutes further away. Figured I wouldn't get my choice machines. Checked in and got room matching birth year...19th floor Bayview, thought I was destined...

Pretty busy Friday night, but got lucky when an acquaintance was ready to leave so I hopped right on in the Cove. Played pretty much non-stop for 4 hours of the promotion and managed over 2500 tier credits to get the 5000 bonus. Had some decent hits, a few dealt quads a la FAA style but only managed one hand pay.
20220527_191739_HDR.jpg
20220528_023812_HDR.jpg
20220528_033041_HDR.jpg
After the promotion ended someone called out my name and I thought I was getting some unwanted attention. Turns out a host picked me up on the radar and introduced himself. He wanted to know if I wanted to stay another night, cause he could make it happen. I don't know why he offered, I can get any night without his help. I called him later that week to him set up my Tahoe trip but he couldn't help me...had to call the number on the offer card. "I can help you with New Orleans or Gulf Coast".
No thanks. What is he good for? Absolutely nuthin'! Good God ya'll... I gave it a good go trying for the holy grail- only getting a few parting gifts along the way...
20220528_061805_HDR.jpg
Ended up with 9000 TC and about 150 bucks in my rewards credits, and a room a was in for about 3 hours. Otherwise another horrid beat down at the hands of TDB. Try again in a few weeks...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Bummer. Sounds familiar on my end. I am drawing a mental blank. What are TC’s. I notice you and FAA use that shortcut a lot.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Ended up with 9000 TC and about $150 rewards credits, and a room I was in for about 3 hours. Otherwise another horrid beat down at the hands of TDB. Try again in a few weeks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stevie Wonder could have predicted this beat down, and done about as well. TDB: Their Donation Bonus. Too much variance to expect much, even in four hours apparently! I love that detail about the room number good omen misdirection. That was some howl! My modest two hours of play resulted in $1.44 RC. But I only lost 1% of your total. I figure that those initial 2,500 TCs were $2.25 each. TT Net Day: -$5,625. Hard Day's Night. Is the Cove still the sweat box it was last year? The memory of that anguishing money pit trip continues to make my skin crawl.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

TripleTriple,
Been there but not playing TDB which I play at less than 1% of the time due to volatility. Give me a low volatility game (DW, DWB, Bonus, JOB) and please keep me in the game until I hit a big one. Even then I (we) have those trips. It can all change in an instant.
LL

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

LL…..just looking at your hits had enough Karma to break my down streak. Thanks. Posted it in the Rec forum. Get em next time TT.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

I'm a very patient man. Perhaps too patient.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Ironically, cove means a sheltered bay. Harrah's Cove is just a concentrated tornado. I'm surprised that they are still attracting customers. I voted with my feet. It's much safer just a couple miles away. I keep reading that you should see if anyone is hitting jackpots before playing. That's not always possible, as the player pool is usually small even on Saturday afternoon. I'd have to hang around all damn day for a decent sample size. But I do tend to conclude that the Cove is cursed for all who enter.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

FAA wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:15 pm
I keep reading that you should see if anyone is hitting jackpots before playing.
Nonsense. As random as the hands you are dealt. In the Diamond Cove a lot of people are hitting "jackpots", because there are a lot of high pay out and multi line games combined with people betting much higher levels. A couple acquaintances play $5 DDB or similar, so every time they hit a quad it's a hand pay. It's an annoyance to them when they are in the 4 hr promo but they pretty much have a full time slot attendant Not too long ago there were three or four attendants being kept busy when the Cove was full. Saw one guy had hit two hand pays on adjacent machines waiting to get paid and started playing a third.

Other times not too many players, yeah, can go a hour or two with no bells or flashing lights, but not too often. Cove is still about 1/2 VP so that helps to have more winners than mostly slots Hi Limit rooms.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, precursor jackpot theory is unrealistic. I saw a guy mow through five adjacent jackpots at Caesars slots once. He had a fistful of hundreds and incredible instincts. He was a machine himself. I even took a photo of a FH VP jackpot a few months ago.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:00 am
Yeah, precursor jackpot theory is unrealistic. I saw a guy mow through five adjacent jackpots at Caesars slots once. He had a fistful of hundreds and incredible instincts. He was a machine himself. I even took a photo of a FH VP jackpot a few months ago.
Incredible instincts? With video poker?

More nonsense.