Rare hand

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Re: Rare hand

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Cool pull. I've never gone 3 for 3. The best I have done is pulling 3 on 5-play.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

New2vp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:14 am

I once had a statistics professor tell me that when something that was true did not make intuitive sense, all I had to do was educate my intuition.
This could quite possibly be the hardest thing to do without having a profound revelation. I don't see it as a matter of education, for me it's a matter of realization.

Probability is easily the most difficult branch of mathematics I ever studied. Never made it to fractals or string theory. I struggle even having 95% confidence in my understanding. I just hope I'm a gambling outlier.

And speaking of mathematics- how 'bout that Andrew Wile!

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Nice hit! Regardless of the odds!

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

TripleTriple wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:24 pm
New2vp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:14 am

I once had a statistics professor tell me that when something that was true did not make intuitive sense, all I had to do was educate my intuition.
This could quite possibly be the hardest thing to do without having a profound revelation. I don't see it as a matter of education, for me it's a matter of realization.

Probability is easily the most difficult branch of mathematics I ever studied. Never made it to fractals or string theory. I struggle even having 95% confidence in my understanding. I just hope I'm a gambling outlier.

And speaking of mathematics- how 'bout that Andrew Wile!
I haven't spent much time keeping up on mathematical news for the last 20 years (actually nothing except some discoveries in highly specialized areas for the last 45!). After looking up Dr. Wiles's name, I was reminded that someone finally solved Fermat's Last "Theorem" in the 1990s. And I guess that something from that proof was recently in the news relating to cryptography, which outside of the idea of multiplying ridiculously lengthy prime numbers together, is something that I haven't attempted to understand. So, thanks for causing me to catch up a little on what's going on in the world.

I could not begin to list the fields of mathematics beyond my understanding. I should probably devote more of the time that I spend on video poker contests to continuing my education ... but I have also been pondering that for quite a while now. ;)