New Year's Trip to LC

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

New Year's Trip to LC

Post by Lucky Larry »

Got our annual NYE invitation from Golden Nugget Lake Charles. Three nights, NYE dinner, etc. We changed our normal arrangement and went in December 30 instead of Dec.31. Got there early hoping to get a better room since we knew the whales would be in the corner suites. Told the young lady at check-in I wanted a top floor extended room as per our request. She smiled and said, "I have an extended king on floor 22!". My tired brain says, FLOOR 22- PENTHOUSE FLOOR! OH YEAH! Much to our surprise they had a king extended available on the Penthouse floor. Waited an hour to finish getting it ready but, well worth the wait. We've had a couple of the Penthouse suites with baby grand pianos, wine dispensers, the works but this was perfect for us.

We came in early because daughter Carrie was unable to catch an early flight back from Vegas after leaving for Red Rock on Christmas day to cash out their SWA credit. Lucky mom and dad had go to play her $500 daily free play by coming over early. Nice trip, good dinner, and just average play. Sweet C failed to hit her "homer" of catching her 4th dealt Royal for the year. That spade Royal would have been nice to complete the "cycle". We were also able to complete her Tier level requirements which helps since we completed mine the trip before. No sense working on next year since it doesn't start until Feb. 1.

Hope everyone has a great, safe, healthy 2023 and everyone gets to see a couple of Royals this year.
Best wishes from Sweet C, Carrie and our gang!
LL

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Lucky Larry wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:11 pm
Got our annual NYE invitation from Golden Nugget Lake Charles. Three nights, NYE dinner, etc. We changed our normal arrangement and went in December 30 instead of Dec.31. Got there early hoping to get a better room since we knew the whales would be in the corner suites. Told the young lady at check-in I wanted a top floor extended room as per our request. She smiled and said, "I have an extended king on floor 22!". My tired brain says, FLOOR 22- PENTHOUSE FLOOR! OH YEAH! Much to our surprise they had a king extended available on the Penthouse floor. Waited an hour to finish getting it ready but, well worth the wait. We've had a couple of the Penthouse suites with baby grand pianos, wine dispensers, the works but this was perfect for us.

We came in early because daughter Carrie was unable to catch an early flight back from Vegas after leaving for Red Rock on Christmas day to cash out their SWA credit. Lucky mom and dad had go to play her $500 daily free play by coming over early. Nice trip, good dinner, and just average play. Sweet C failed to hit her "homer" of catching her 4th dealt Royal for the year. That spade Royal would have been nice to complete the "cycle". We were also able to complete her Tier level requirements which helps since we completed mine the trip before. No sense working on next year since it doesn't start until Feb. 1.

Hope everyone has a great, safe, healthy 2023 and everyone gets to see a couple of Royals this year.
LL
Have a healthy, happy, safe and prosperous New Year Karry and Sweet C. New Year

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Sounds like a nice trip Larry! Happy New Year to guys too!!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto!!!!!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Lucky Larry wrote:

LL
And, the same from me, to all. But, just a couple of royals would make for a pretty lean year - so let's go for more!

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

onemoretry wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:32 pm
Lucky Larry wrote:

LL
And, the same from me, to all. But, just a couple of royals would make for a pretty lean year - so let's go for more!
I stand corrected. The more the better!