Changing machines during trip session

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Changing machines during trip session

Post by stevel96a1 »

last week i lost 750$ on one machine i jumped ships after that loss and 10min later landed the royal.
this week i lost 1/2 of that and my wife jumped on my machine and she landed 4 deuces.

do you guys stick with one machine from start to end or jump around after losing X amount?
i know long term it may not matter but if i knew the future i would told myself don't play until 12 0 clock and pick That machine.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I leave after -$40 on dollar. On quarter, I’ve been inserting $50 or $100; stay for the demise. Leave at -$40. A late quad won’t even break us even. -$750 is nuts!

kramaley
Forum Newbie

Post by kramaley »

I only leave if there is something I don't like about the machine - like an annoying neighbor, loud slots nearby, or sticky keys or such.
Otherwise, I stick it out - I firmly believe it just doesn't matter and that they're all the same. It seems to me that I read somewhere that certain machines being programmed to be "cold" is illegal and would cost IGT or Bally their ability to sell in Nevada (regardless of where the rigged machine is located). Long run my results have been about average so I guess it hasn't made a diff...

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

kramaley wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 am
I only leave if there is something I don't like about the machine - like an annoying neighbor, loud slots nearby, or sticky keys or such.
Otherwise, I stick it out - I firmly believe it just doesn't matter and that they're all the same. It seems to me that I read somewhere that certain machines being programmed to be "cold" is illegal and would cost IGT or Bally their ability to sell in Nevada (regardless of where the rigged machine is located). Long run my results have been about average so I guess it hasn't made a diff...
Any idea where you read about "illegal" machines and any checks of them?
I have been on a quest for knowledge on machine verification and have come up with a big fat ZERO!!
Which alone should interest more Pilgrims on our site but it has not

YOU ARE RIGHT I DO NOT GIVE UP!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yes, it’s what DB was pontificating about for years. Nobody is checking anything. Get on the cold cycle for a half hour, stubbornly hang around and bust. Non apetit.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

aspirin.jpg
aspirin.jpg (6.81 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

kramaley wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 am
i think you are right about IGT programing machines to go through cold cycles
however i do think in quantum terms changing machines would be changing realities some realities are stobborn while others are giving

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Changing, rubbing, tapping or whatever else anyone can conjure up, won't change one thing about the games and machines.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

but you have to admit you see one player to the right getting his clock cleaned and other player to the left winning his butt off and wondering if both players were to get up during these times will they both pick up where they last left off? assuming both pay schedules are in order i guess you are going to say"thats the human mind trying to create order into chaos" and evan flow of gambling.

i read alot about video poker on other sites and they all say we are a dis-advantage until we hit the royal flush, but since i play DW im at disadvantae until i hit the 4 2's , my last 7 trips were royal-less and hoping that changes soon, i played so much DW i entered the sequence of hitting the 4 ducks twice within 5min of each other and i came very close from getting 4 ducks on the re-draw, i imagine those who gotten the 4 ducks on re-draw must have played alot of time to do that

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I don't wonder about any of it.