Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: Going to be nice to see him back

Post by Webman »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm
OTABILL wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:48 pm
One request, please Phil curtail the repetitiveness.
I hear you. I come here to share experiences with other video poker players. There are many things we can discuss. It's inevitable that some words will be repeated. Here's what would be helpful to me. Post a list of what you don't wish to be repeated. I'll start the list. I am no longer discussing experts. I am not disputing Advantage Play Strategy. Take it from here.

Welcome back, Phil. You were given a list previously. I believe you even printed it out and had it next to your computer at one point. I will see if I can dig it up again a little later if it would be helpful. I believe it was only a few things and if you have already decided not to discuss experts or dispute advantage play, then you probably have most of it covered.

There are no "words" to avoid. The content of your posts was rarely the problem. The problem was repetition, which came in the form of repeating the same posted content, often across multiple threads or starting a new thread exactly like one you had started previously. For example, "Why play negative machines" or "Why play bad games." If you can keep from doing that as well, you should be all set.

Just stick to sharing your experiences and not trying to "teach" people. People will learn from your experiences, of which you have a lot to offer.

Above all else, just keep in mind this is a relatively small community. You don't have to remind people every day or week that you are a recreational player and that you don't play for profit. People understand that already and get tired of reading it ad nauseum. Just share your experiences. If you're posting the Recreational forum, then the rest goes without saying.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Webman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm
FloridaPhil wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm
OTABILL wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:48 pm
One request, please Phil curtail the repetitiveness.
I hear you. I come here to share experiences with other video poker players. There are many things we can discuss. It's inevitable that some words will be repeated. Here's what would be helpful to me. Post a list of what you don't wish to be repeated. I'll start the list. I am no longer discussing experts. I am not disputing Advantage Play Strategy. Take it from here.

Welcome back, Phil. You were given a list previously. I believe you even printed it out and had it next to your computer at one point. I will see if I can dig it up again a little later if it would be helpful. I believe it was only a few things and if you have already decided not to discuss experts or dispute advantage play, then you probably have most of it covered.

There are no "words" to avoid. The content of your posts was rarely the problem. The problem was repetition, which came in the form of repeating the same posted content, often across multiple threads or starting a new thread exactly like one you had started previously. For example, "Why play negative machines" or "Why play bad games." If you can keep from doing that as well, you should be all set.

Just stick to sharing your experiences and not trying to "teach" people. People will learn from your experiences, of which you have a lot to offer.

Above all else, just keep in mind this is a relatively small community. You don't have to remind people every day or week that you are a recreational player and that you don't play for profit. People understand that already and get tired of reading it ad nauseum. Just share your experiences. If you're posting the Recreational forum, then the rest goes without saying.
FP, Webman has nailed it. I have nothing to add.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I intend to play the Welciome Back, Kotter theme song all month before logging on the site.