I avoided the cigar guy and swear lady, but

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Re: I avoided the cigar guy and swear lady, but

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:49 pm
What does the girl do who has Miguel tattooed across her chest when they break up next month? Do they even know or care we are still losing soldiers overseas trying th keep them safe? I know they don’t know who the vice president is. You are correct about the language. The f word predominates in every day conversation. Finally, boy is it hard now to find a local radio station playing 50’s and 60’s music. Even the 70’s music is fading away fast. I remember my 65 olds 442 had a factory am radio with just one speaker and great base. I could pick form 4 or 5 stations to hear my tunes. To me that single speaker sounded better than most complicated systems in the newer cars. It just had more depth to it somehow. Now back to ???? Oh yeah video poker.
I listen to all kinds of music with Sirius/XM in my car. They have 50s, 60s, 70s, classic rock, country, Jazz, soul, even Elvis and Beatles channels. From my perspective given the news, sports and other channels, its well worth the cost. You can even negotiate renewing the service using their promotions. BTW, our cox cable also includes music stations such as golden oldies and classic country. Olds, you are in your car a lot driving to Mohegan and Foxwoods (VP connection :lol: ). You may want to try it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sounds good. Thanks for the tip

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

OTABILL wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:21 pm
I listen to all kinds of music with Sirius/XM in my car. They have 50s, 60s, 70s, classic rock, country, Jazz, soul, even Elvis and Beatles channels. From my perspective given the news, sports and other channels, its well worth the cost. You can even negotiate renewing the service using their promotions.
You sure can negotiate the price. Every year, it seems, we do the song and dance where they quote the renewal price, I ask for a better deal, they say that's the best they have, I say, OK, it's not worth that much to me, they then transfer me to what I refer to as the retention department, where they always seem to find something for 50-60% of the originally offered renewal price, and I accept it.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Making believe you have tourette syndrome or something similar when sitting next to a cigar guy can get them to move pretty quickly. Years ago, a cigar guy sat next to be in Ballys AC and I politely told him that I like cigar smoke, but I have a condition that makes me spit my coffee out on the cigar when it is too close. He left and I din'rt see him again.

Antebellum Reb
Forum Regular

Post by Antebellum Reb »

thats pretty funny carcounter. i donot understand why cigars are allowed even in smoking sections. they go beyond normal smokiness into something else entirely when it comes to hurting or bothering others. severe second hand smoke can tri gger real problems in vulnerable people. what would they do if you brought super strong smelling cheese or cologne and people complained?

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

onemoretry wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:26 pm
OTABILL wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:21 pm
I listen to all kinds of music with Sirius/XM in my car. They have 50s, 60s, 70s, classic rock, country, Jazz, soul, even Elvis and Beatles channels. From my perspective given the news, sports and other channels, its well worth the cost. You can even negotiate renewing the service using their promotions.
You sure can negotiate the price. Every year, it seems, we do the song and dance where they quote the renewal price, I ask for a better deal, they say that's the best they have, I say, OK, it's not worth that much to me, they then transfer me to what I refer to as the retention department, where they always seem to find something for 50-60% of the originally offered renewal price, and I accept it.
Ironically, I have to renew one of our cars tomorrow. I basically tell them I want I want to cancel unless they can give me a reason to stay. So far so good. I'll report back what transpires.