Experimenting with DDB

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Experimenting with DDB

Post by olds442jetaway »

I rarely play this game, but job, deuces wild, and joker kings have been so cold lately, I thought I would give it a try. I stayed even or so for about 4 hours even without a quad. I used a mild Martingale clone progression. Pretty much if after 9 consecutive hands I have not been able to hit 3 of a kind or higher, I increase my bet by one for the next 9 deals. Anytime that next sequence of 9 failed to produce a winner I would go up again by 1. I also backew

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Like you, I often get bored playing just one game. In my opinion, deuces wild is the most entertaining of the video poker games, but sometimes you want a change. DDB is a much different animal. Unlike, deuces, there are no perceptible streaks. Deuces Wild is like riding in a boat with nice calm swells. DDB is like riding in a hurricane.

Quads seem to drop out of the blue whenever they damn well please. There are long dry spells that never seem to end. It's pure hell on wheels. The only way I will ever play DDB is one quarter at a time. When I do, I smile knowing I just saved a ton of money.

I am convinced the most efficient way to play video poker is flat betting. My wife plays the same game all the time at $1.25 a hand and never wavers. She plays as close to breaking even as a 97% game will allow. Her cost to play video poker is incredibly small.

This works for me too, but it doesn't satisfy me. My desire is to play bigger without substantially increasing the risk. Tough to do. As long as the games we play are negative, we pay to play. How much we pay and how we choose to pay it, is a personal decision.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I know I will get yelled at, but I only play one wuarter bet also on DDB. If I lose ten in a row, I may go to 2 or three max. At least for now anyway.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

When I met my wife, who introduced me to VP, she only played DDB. Consequently, that is what I began playing and except for a little TDB, that is all I learned and play.

nomadgurl
Forum Regular

Post by nomadgurl »

What’s interesting to me is when you look at what the top point holder and the other 10 below in the daily contests they all are playing pretty much DDB.