Machine Hopping

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Machine Hopping

Post by olds442jetaway »

I normally like to get myself confortable and play a long time at one machine. Results the last few months have been terrible. I know this isn’t supposed to make any difference, I have been machine hopping for at least ten sessions and the results have been positive. I play either job, deuces wild, or joker kings. Even though it is short coining, I just bet 1 dollar and flat bet it until I am ahead at least a dollar on that machine. Then I cash out. I have had almost no trouble getting ahead 40 or 50 percent. Somehow, I will then find a MACHINE that drains everything down to zero if I dont stop playing. This doesn’t seem to happen on the machines I just sit at and play for hours

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

my last 2 trips were losers, what worked best for me was hit the jack pot right away and end a winner or bring 500+$ and plan to play for hours and hope for a winner, its time for me to go back to the basics

i lost 85$ cash quarter machine DW in 30min that was hard to stomach almost making me want to play 8/5 jacks which is even harder to stomach knowing i probably wont go home a winner unless i hit the royal yep each game has its problems much like chess match

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I did some degen'ing on quarter triple play BP DSTP tonight. Stayed on the same machine all night getting slowly whittled down. Make one last bet with $4.75 after only to get dealt a flush with a 3x draw multiplier. From there, ran it up to $141.00 on KQJ hold with an 8x hitting high pairs on 2 hands and a straight on the 3rd. Slight sigh of relief and dropped to 1 hand as I was ready to leave. 4 hands later I nail a nice quad.
20200223_002129.jpg
Found a few UX plays after and scored another fast $20 then took off.

SaMpLEiSmS
Forum Newbie

Post by SaMpLEiSmS »

Nice!!

SaMpLEiSmS
Forum Newbie

Post by SaMpLEiSmS »

Nice!! I've had some great luck with Video Poker

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice hit. Played one buck at a time on 9/6 JOB.... I know I know... shouldn’t short coin, but lifetime I am down fifty percent on Royals and that's after 20 million hands or so. Anyway, promptly lost 50 bucks on that one machine at a buck a shot. I then hopped around playing Joker Kings trying to make a buck a machine. After hopping to about 20 machines, I had my fifty back plus 100. Now I’m off in a bit after a bite to Mohegan Sun. Will see what happens there hopping around.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I am a believer in machine hopping. Video poker machines run in cycles. The problem is you can't recognize an up cycle or a down cycle until it's over. I don't believe there is any way to capitalize on these cycles long term as you will never be that good at guessing.

Why would anyone sit on a dead machine when they have other choices? If the only benefit is psychological, that is a benefit in itself. If someone else wants to feed their money into a dead machine so they can prove me wrong, knock yourself out. :lol:

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

No, they DON'T run in cycles. Biggest myth about video poker machines.

Again, the machine is shuffling the cards 24/7/365.25. YOU the player decides when to stop this shuffling by hitting the deal/draw/max bet button.

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

Machine hopping won't help nor hurt unless you change games for a better or worse return respectively. But I agree with Phil that the psychological effect (I won't call it a benefit) can be worth while. If it makes you feel better to switch, then switch. The only danger I see is that it may give false motivation to those who are already prone to chasing their losses.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Jstark wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 am
No, they DON'T run in cycles. Biggest myth about video poker machines.
I am tired of people making statements on this forum that we all know are false. Everyone knows video poker hands run in cycles of up and down. Those that say this is false are doing so to make themselves look smarter than the rest of us mere mortals. The question should be "Can you use this information to your advantage?" Of course not. Just be honest and you won't get arguments from people who know better.