Hitting it "BIG"

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Hitting it "BIG"

Post by onemoretry »

TripleTriple wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:06 pm
Unfortunately this thread devolved into stories of big wins. What I was looking for is what Tedlark said, different responses that answer the question.
My apologies for misinterpreting what you are looking for. And, to try and answer your question as to what makes for a really good day, my answer is: "It depends".

First, let me sat that any day I finish in the black is an OK one, as far as I'm concerned. To get to the point where I thought the day was "really good", I think I'd have to be up by at least a royal. But, if I were playing 50 line nickels which I sometimes do, I'm not so sure I'd think plus $200 after three or four hours play, and some $25,000 coin-in, would be "really good". It definitely would be OK, though, as you can lose lots at that game when things go bad.

Thinking about it a bit more, I'm inclined to return to the view that, with the exception of the 50 line stuff, finishing the day ahead by at least a royal would constitute a really good day. Since I play mostly multiline 25c or 50c games, that would be either plus $1000 or plus $2000.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Same here OMT even though I already posted just eaking up and being able to do what I want makes it a really good day. I guess both apply for different reasons

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

$500+ is a very good day for me. I don't play very high.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

The variety of responses in this thread is great to see because i think i have lived them all(except the six figure one).
I believe that there is no single definition of "Hitting It Big".
Like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", "Big" is in the mind of the player. At a given time.
Historical data tells us we lose two out of three trips or sessions so why is breaking even underappreciated when it actually beats the average? :D

Is that last sentence correct math Guru's? Somehow it doesn't sound right. :?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Today was good. I woke up. Tonight may be good. I am leaving in 5 minutes for an overnight at Mohegan Sun. My first sip of a Harpoon draft will be good. If I get to send the gang any new pics, that will be good too. Stay safe and well everyone. We have everything when we have that.