Spin Poker: Turbo ON or Turbo OFF?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
JoeE
Forum Rookie

Spin Poker: Turbo ON or Turbo OFF?

Post by JoeE »

Everyone who plays Spin Poker knows the spinning reels are merely a suspense builder. So, with that in mind, how do YOU play?

I like the manufactured suspense of the reels spinning than slamming to a stop sequentially. Maybe I'm a linear thinker but watching the cards land one after another seems to make it easier to analyze the hand then when they pop in all at once. Women are said to be more holistic "big picture" thinkers so it would be interesting to see if gender affects preference.

Me: male, Turbo OFF.

And you, world?

Player422738
VP Veteran

Post by Player422738 »

If you play fast, you lose fast; if you play slowly, you lose slowly.

Either way, odds never change.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

The sequential landing is my favorite. Easy analysis. Seeing a sequential pair drop is great fun.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

There was a glitch on some of the newer installed machines here that whe you hit the deal button and the top and bottom lines closed with the Action Gaming symbols, you would see what hand would be dealt. I think that was fixed as I haven't seen it in a long time.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Slowest speed for me. Easy to decide what cards to keep. Suspense sometimes waiting for that last dealt card.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yep. In no hurry to lose and be abused. Multiple machine issues today at Tropicana. I have to dump them. Why put up with their garbage in AC?

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

I'm not sure this is relevant on this forum, but since I'm only playing with an advantage, I prefer the cards to be shown as fast as possible. I can always slow down and take as long as I need to before choosing which cards to play, if that's what I need to do, but wasting time seeing the reels spin is simply an unnecessary expense.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

When we had the 25 cent, 9/6 JoB STP Spin Poker here, I played that on turbo. With the highest club card, which I had then, you had about a 1% edge when you factored everything in. On normal SP games, no turbo.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

All relevant Bob. Some of us just enjoy the game as a game besides the money. Admit....a very expensive game without an advantge.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

In Turbo mode, the reels make a very loud crack sound on the deal. When the sound volume control doesn't work, it can be very annoying to others around you. In non-turbo mode you can press the deal button a second time when the first card stops to get a quiet turbo deal on the remaining 4 cards.