The Path II

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: The Path II

Post by FAA »

Sad Saturday. I won my $25 Caesars table FP on a six point hit. I won $15 on $25 quarter JOB. Ten minute jitney wait for Borgata. I hit an early quad Jacks, but it didn’t pay jack. I decided to spend another hour on the machine for a more lucrative quad. Quarter and fifty level were cold. I switched to BPD, as machine lacked BP. After even more losses, my old pal SF paid me a visit. Always glad to see him, and better late than never. FAA stops play on a SF day. Net Day: -$84.
Attachments
813EB8C4-2A80-4A3F-AF56-A4181B18E2A3.jpeg
4069AFD4-C849-42B3-913D-A21C7F472BDC.jpeg

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Satisfactory Saturday. I won my $25 Caesars table FP on a six point hit. Lady on some heater. I won $22 on $25 quarter JOB FP. Borgata was an ordeal. My quad took ninety minutes. I started on quarter JOB, but quickly switched to halves. My losses indicated BPD dollar play. I got my bailout. Unfortunately, the three working quarter machines back at Caesars busy. -$34 chasing my second quad on dollar despair. Net Day: +$93. 30 TCs.
Attachments
A364A1B7-C78A-4A9A-BAAB-D46BA8941F53.jpeg
32A3303E-F63A-4DB5-A1B2-A222BCDDC60D.jpeg

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

FAA wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:55 pm
Today I was on a machine that offered only 9/6 JOB and 8/6 BPD. I wanted good old 8/5 BP. I thought that it was just an omission on the adjacent machine I played last week. But apparently this is the whole damn bar’s architecture. I was upset to discover later that I went from 99.54% to 98.49%! It’s an okay game and I did hit a max SF. But I’d like to take a vote on which you would select. I don’t think that I’ll make that steep a trade off again. Poor pick; damn near busted me sans SF.
And here we are just one week later and not only have you made "that steep a trade off again.", but you exacerbated it by short coining, which if my calculations are correct, took you down to 97.37%!
FAA wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:34 am
Point taken. I would still forego 0.37% EV for some actual excitement, of which JOB is devoid. But 1.05% was way too steep for my blood, which boiled after discovering the BPD EV.
I assume since your blood was boiling at -1.05%, you have undoubtedly spontaneously combusted at -2.17%...

I would make a killing with your inexplicable habits of getting dealt SF and drawing into 2,3,4 4OAK and 2,3,4wK. Be warned. You have likely used up your luck on JOB/BP/BPD instead of Super Mumbo Jumbo and other unfamiliar games where these hands would yield hand pays. You are no longer relying on "ordinary luck". You are bordering on expecting miracles. But then, if you can perform two, you will be up for consideration of sainthood: "St. FAA, patron saint of the ultra-rare full-coin Royal". The good news is if anyone could convince you to play "correctly", THEY would have only 1 miracle to go!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

FAA straight flushes dwarf mine frequency wise. Funny, a Royal is just another straight Flush.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

TripleTriple wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:46 pm
And here we are just one week later and not only have you made "that steep a trade off again.", but you exacerbated it by short coining, which if my calculations are correct, took you down to 97.37%!
Honestly it would be rare to find anyone playing a 97.37% game accurately.

In the pics and commentary, I only see the Bonus Deluxe played for dollar denomination. Is it not available at 8/6 for quarters or fitties?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

BPD is available at all levels. A normal player would max bet halves. I was so frazzled and frantic after my inevitable JOB descent and had a time constraint. I wanted a substantial quad at that point. Halves yields $200 and I prefer $240. The fallacy TT makes is assuming that my hand pay hands appear on the difficult games. Good luck coordinating that. I beat the odds again. I have repaired the monthly bar ledger.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:52 pm
FAA straight flushes dwarf mine frequency wise. Funny, a Royal is just another straight Flush.
Ok, then you have an additional 10 or so that he doesn't...yet he seems to have an unusual fortune to draw to them-even inside- or to just draw all five if need be. OR- maybe you have had exceptional luck in that most of your straight flushes are Ace high? Does that have anything to do with DW and other games you play? I am very under SF'd, and I play a game where it seems I am always holding 3 to the flush. I think I have had 3 or 4 SF this year and I play a heck of a lot more hands than FAA...

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:15 am
Halves yields $200 and I prefer $240.
Machines should have a "bet 3" button.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA, your jackpot photography is still the best. :up: You capture everything I want to see on screen, but nothing I don't want to see off screen.

We knew you were adept at JOB and BP pics, but could you adjust to a third game? Privately I doubted, but your Bonus Deluxe photos have proved me wrong.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thank you. Other photos are down in my AC thread. KISS Method: Simply shoot the existing frame. As you can see, I did use that button. I don’t know why I should be shocked when both my winnings and initial BR bust on JOB. The programming is simply doing its job on my JOB. Raising the denomination may not break that ice, so I change both game and denomination. It worked for two straight weeks, as small a sample size as that is. They always make me stay for ninety minutes before unlocking the loot. That issue is all too evident. I just want to snap the Olds Special: SF Ace high photo.