stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Re: 6/5 jacks vs video blackjack 97%

Post by stevel96a1 »

dinghy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:21 am
stevel96a1 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm
i saw that too, i guess the joker game would be a better bet?
Looks like it.

I should have stated more clearly that the 99.91% is for a $2000 royal at reset. Effective EV will always be higher because the royal will be some amount above reset and you have the value of the meter going up as you play.

Vpfree2 doesn't mention a point countdown, so I assume it's the standard $10 which would be good for earning points (reward credits) and tier credits. Mailers would depend on the underlying theo assigned to the game.

FAA, do you have any opinion on the game? Vpfree2 says the bank of 6 is located in section CI, first floor, Caesars.

Considering volatility, the variance measure is a huge 66.5 at reset, but I think the big royal stretches out the variance disproportionately. Without any royals, the game pays 96.2%. Everything else on the pay table occurs within 3000 hands or less on average. Compare that to a game such as DDB (variance 42) where you have to wait more than 5k hands for the premium 800 or 2000 coin outcomes.

Of course on the Double Joker, every royal is "taxable."

Strategy is a PITA. You need basically three different charts depending on how many jokers are dealt, and they're all weird. With no jokers, you'll be holding suited connectors and three-card flushes. With one or two jokers, you often have to hold some other individual card which could be a middle for straight value or a higher card for royal value.

And if the progressive gets high, you may need to adjust from the basic strategy if you want to fully capitalize.
you are correct again, strategy is a pita, i have to hold joker + 9 or joker with 7 depending upon whats being delt, all those minor mistakes will add up, i was treating it as if it was a deuces wild game but win poker kept saying incorrect oh well, and winpoker was clocking in wins like no tomorrow. caesars seems to be the best bet wise for me for now. i wish they had 10/7 db here in ac or even nsud a 99.79 dw would be a godsent

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:36 am
i wish they had 10/7 db here in ac or even nsud a 99.79 dw would be a godsent
I want to say nsud is a newer variant. For many years as I recall, the choices were either 100.76% full-pay or 98.9% "Airport Deuces." Or you could play games that boosted the quad deuces payoff, such as the ones at El Cortez or Sam's Town.

Historically, Nevada was the place for deuces wild. Elsewhere the good games were either joker variants or All American. My guess is Nevada had mostly IGT machines, whereas AC and the midwest had a lot of Bally vp. But I don't know for sure.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Vpfree2 says the bank of 6 is in section CI, first floor, Caesars.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No idea how to play. Maybe that makes me the Joker! I have a limited VP skill set. Hate high variance.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:22 pm
I have a limited VP skill set. Hate high variance.
That's fair. I can understand not wanting to tangle with a game like that.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

i decided to try 9/6 jacks, reading the strategy for joker game seems too complicated followed by tax forms eatting into my ev so played j9/6 jacks at caesars and at ballys and won.
doubled my 20$ fp at both and cashed out 80$ total those full houses really pack a punch. atleast 9/6 style, my wife played a bad game of DW 96.79 at resorts but still won 150$ cashed out on a 4oak playing 25$ a turn yikes. one thing i read on another forums how someone said playing a bad poker game you feed the machine 20$ and its gone just gone before the drink lady can offer you a beverage well today 9/6 was the opposite each 20 was actually doubled and the waitress served my wife a wine before cashing out (but she was fast) im well away double 20$ buy ins is a treat doesn't happen often but it felt good how it did not disappear on me like in windcreekbethlhem, playing 96% vp game theres just no juice there no winning, i can only re-call after my 1st hour of playing i was down around 120$ but only made 1 come back of a wild royal twice and a str flush and that was it, went back to eating my 20s like it was dollars, i was also at hardrock and saw the blackjack game was better rules than windcreek, spliting double down and surrender were allowed i think i was curious to see if they had let it ride feature that thing is addictive but bj pays 2:1 so i skipped it

p.s they sliced my next card level up in 1/2 at windcreek but still refuse to go, 1.5 hr extra, no free play and double the price getting to and from is not worth it at the moment before was 50k now just 25k points to go for next lvl would be nice tho to be third card holder since everyone treats 1st and 2nd as the same =/

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Between Caesars and Harrah’s, I had four quads and a straight flush today. Caesars dollar BP took fifty damn minutes. Harrah’s: two within eleven minutes, then two within twelve minutes after an eighty five minute drought. Lucky to crawl out of town with my bankroll. Got to do more basic quarter play and forget the excitement, but JOB progressive only at $1,003. Today 120 minutes quarter or dollar probably would have been same financial result. I could have saved myself the jitney RT hassles.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:19 pm
i was also at hardrock and saw the blackjack game was better rules than windcreek, spliting double down and surrender were allowed i think i was curious to see if they had let it ride feature that thing is addictive but bj pays 2:1 so i skipped it
I agree it's no fun when bj pays the same as any ordinary win.

The surrender option doesn't add much value afaik. It's useful to a counter because it becomes more appropriate in plus counts when bets are likely to be bigger, but not so much when the deck is freshly shuffled every hand.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

2:1 is the same as 2 TO 1. Do NOT confuse this with 2 FOR 1 which is essentially "even money."