Extremely Lucky. I should quit for the year now!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Extremely Lucky. I should quit for the year now!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Don’t blame you. Just finished my Amstel Light and shrimp cocktail. Having a Starbucks pikes now. Ready to rock and roll with my JOB chart I just hope I don’t get rolled in the process
I usually don’t do this at risk of boring the gang. I am going-to shoot my starting 1,000 credits. Then pics as the night progresses good or bad.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I had one of those weird premonitions As you can see, I deposited the 1,000 quarters. I actually felt I was going to be dealt deuces so decided to risk 100 at max bet and if I lost, replace it and play the JOB chart. Think I will go watch a movie. If later I decide to play, I will post the JOB progress.
4998EC3F-903A-435A-9F60-93613D9647C2.jpeg

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Back in the saddle again.....congrats and go see a movie now.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks. Saw a good older one last night. Hard Target Who is Jean-Claude Van Damme. Again that was on one of those free digital TV stations I think it was called the bounce Netwerk if I remember. Love that little $10 antenna at my dads house. On the other hand my cable bill at home without any premium channels is more than my original mortgage was.
Does anybody go back this far? One person climbs up on the roof of the house and Ben’s the antenna and kind of rotated a bit the other person is watching the TV inside the house and yelling instructions up to the roof. A little bit after that a car hi Tech were you actually had a motorized antenna on the roof of the house The best thing about it was everything was free back then
Speaking of free again, I remember making a working radio that got 3 AM stations. All you needed to do it was an empty cardboard toilet paper tube, one safety pin, one razor blade, some copper wire, one pencil lead, and a pair of old beat up World War II aviator headphones.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just to add a tidbit to what some I’m sure think is my total insanity, the origins of my video poker stake were helped along because to this date, I have never paid a dime for a lawnmower. I will take the ones the neighbors no longer feel like fixing or give up on, offer them help and if they say no I’m just going to get a new one I will take it and either restore it myself for my own use or store it in my shed for another time. The one I have been using the last two seasons is a 1962 Briggs & Stratton engine basic little power mower that I restored a couple of years ago. My total cost was nine dollars. A can of Red and a can of black spray paint, one spark plug, and the rest of the repairs I was able to do without spending any money at all. It runs like a top knock on wood. One of my dumber neighbors 40 years ago ran it till the oil ran out and he seized up the engine. I had given him a basic course in lawnmower care 45 years ago but he paid no attention. I finally got to it a couple of years ago when my other lawnmower rescue gave up the ghost for good with a broken frame among other problems. I was unable to work in too much video poker talk on this post except things like this and other things I mentioned above helped my original little video poker stake get going. Bits and pieces out of my paycheck over the years that were squirreled away helped as well.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

VP atonement for Quad Father's transgressions with an early dealt hand. State coffers get their $88 jolt. I'm planning on a nice early arrival tomorrow to beat both the bar patrons and the bar itself. Hopefully I may l treat myself to a nice elaborate cocktail after a triumphant four figure hit. :mrgreen:

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:19 pm
you actually had a motorized antenna on the roof of the house The best thing about it was everything was free back then
Believe it or not, we still have one of those! Even though we switched to satellite service many years ago, we kept our old setup for backup "just in case".

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

👍

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

One day closer to being envious of another player's hand pay. What a hamster wheel.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

onemoretry wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:59 am
olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:19 pm
you actually had a motorized antenna on the roof of the house The best thing about it was everything was free back then
Believe it or not, we still have one of those! Even though we switched to satellite service many years ago, we kept our old setup for backup "just in case".
We have cable but an RCA antenna as backup. Have used it during outages. Not as good as a roof one but serves the purpose. Back in the day, my parents had a roof antenna stat was stationary. Got all seven local NYC stations.